: Ford adds overtime to boost Mustang production

HotRodSaint
03-17-05, 12:25 PM
Ford Motor Co. says it will build at least 192,000 Mustangs this year as demand for the redesigned pony car surges. (http://www.autonews.com/news.cms?newsId=11850)

Company executives previously had said its Mazda joint venture plant, Auto Alliance International, in Flat Rock, Mich., could build 160,000 to 194,000 Mustangs. Sources had said Ford would try to push Mustang production close to 200,000, but Ford had not publicly committed to a specific production target for 2005.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-17-05, 01:36 PM
belive me these cars are selling like hotcakes down here ...i see more new mustangs than the old ones ....werid ....

fords got a hit on there hands , i bet every bit as big as the 64.5 car

HotRodSaint
03-17-05, 06:33 PM
Maybe GM should make a Camaro with a semi-functional rear seat and a diet this time. :thumbsup:

davesdeville
03-17-05, 08:39 PM
I even see a lot of them here, and Albuquerque is poor. Wish my Eldo was fast enough to hang with them :annoyed:

Randy_W
03-17-05, 09:54 PM
Ford has done a good job with this car. It's the best looking Stang since 1970. The problem they might have a few years from now is, once you go retro, where do you go next?? For now they won't worry, they'll just go to the bank.:cool:

Fritzi
03-17-05, 10:33 PM
As much as I do appreciate what they decided to do with the new mustang.........I had no idea it was doing so well. Good for them. But seriously I have only seen like 2 on the road.

HotRodSaint
03-18-05, 11:21 AM
The problem they might have a few years from now is, once you go retro, where do you go next??

I think the front end could easily be updated using the '94 as inspiration, and it would look better I think and be more aerodynamic while still being able to keep a retro theme.

The '94 was inspired by old Mustangs, so this really isn't the first retro inspired modern Mustang. I'd just make the '94 more retro and less modern by changing the lights and grill while keeping it's slant back angle.

Or you could go more retro with this one, with a light and grill change.

They have lot's of room to improve and no need to do it right now.

It is the first new chassis in 27 years. And that's one reason why it's been so successful. I would guess that many Mustang faithful have already traded up this year.

HotRodSaint
03-18-05, 11:29 AM
If they made a retro themed Cougar on this platform, then Mercury could find some of it's own American heritage.

Jesda
03-18-05, 12:34 PM
Wouldnt that be nice, instead of a Cougar that only teenage girls drive.