: Just got my DTS today

CODTSGuy
08-10-13, 12:17 AM
Hi all I am new to the site and to being a Cadillac owner. I have had many nice cars Porsche 911, SAAB 9000, MD E320, Chrysler LHS, but this is my first Caddy. I bought it off of my fathers friend who has taken good car of it and just upgraded to a 2013 CTS. It is 2006 Lux I with 50,000 miles on it. I am just starting to play with it and wanted to know a few things.

1. Where can I get the newer looking key fobs and which ones are the best to buy?
2. What sort of oil do you all use on your DTSs
3. How often do you change the oil every 5,000 miles or less?
4. How much do you all pay for Onstar and do you think it is worth it? What do you get out of having it?
5. If any of your live in Colorado (Denver) where do you take your car to get services other then the dealer?

Located in CO and looking forward to hearing from all of you.

MoistCabbage
08-10-13, 12:24 AM
:welcome:

Asking questions about oil will just start an oil war. The best kind to use is the slippery kind, in the correct viscosity (5W-30).

Oil change intervals - Change it according to the OLM, do not exceed 12 months/10,000 miles.

Go to the black tab at the top of the page, and click on Cadillac Technical Archives. Read the ENTIRE page, LOTS of good info.

Superjim
08-10-13, 11:58 AM
Hi all I am new to the site and to being a Cadillac owner. I have had many nice cars Porsche 911, SAAB 9000, MD E320, Chrysler LHS, but this is my first Caddy. I bought it off of my fathers friend who has taken good car of it and just upgraded to a 2013 CTS. It is 2006 Lux I with 50,000 miles on it. I am just starting to play with it and wanted to know a few things.

1. Where can I get the newer looking key fobs and which ones are the best to buy?
2. What sort of oil do you all use on your DTSs
3. How often do you change the oil every 5,000 miles or less?
4. How much do you all pay for Onstar and do you think it is worth it? What do you get out of having it?
5. If any of your live in Colorado (Denver) where do you take your car to get services other then the dealer?

Located in CO and looking forward to hearing from all of you.

Welcome to the Cadillac World... :cool2:
1. You can get the newer keyfobs from ebay... DO NOT get the ones with the hidden FLIP OUT KEY... Those are for the cars with PUSH BUTTON START.
2. I use 5-30 Synthetic in mine. 131,000 miles and so far so good. It doesn't use any oil between changes.
3. I go by the Oil Life Monitor and change it when it gets down to about 25% to 30 percent... That's usually about 7000 to 8000 miles.
4. The charge for OnStar for a 2006 is more than for a 2007 or later... due to a different generation of hardware in the 2007 and newer.
I have had the OnStar "Directions and Connections" plan since I bought the car new...
It is fairly expensive, but I travel a good bit and it comes in handy for finding hotels and good places to eat when I am in a strange location. They are also good at giving you directions when you get lost or just don't know how to get somewhere.
5. I live in Texas... so can't help you with the last question...