: Delete private messages

grullon10
08-09-13, 05:08 PM
I how I delete my privte mssgr.

Submariner409
08-09-13, 07:23 PM
??? Click "notifications" - up comes the INBOX tab. Click on that, look at what you want to delete, open it and use the "delete this message" down below. Then click SENT MESAGES and go through them the same way.

"Notifications" - up there ^^^ in the dark blue/gray bar.

grullon10
08-09-13, 07:34 PM
Could it be done from the android app

MoistCabbage
08-09-13, 07:46 PM
Don't know. It can be done on the iPhone app.

grullon10
08-11-13, 12:37 PM
Thanks everyone. Rightnow I don't have a house computer. What I did I used my kid naby is like a kindle went into the main wed page and did it though there.

Ps does the android app work with amazon android system.

admin
08-12-13, 11:22 AM
The app should work on all android phones.

-dm, community support

Kingoftypos
08-12-13, 12:05 PM
Can we define "the app" here? Meaning what app is being used? There is the CadillacForums app that is built solely for CFs. Then there are the other apps, such as AutoGuide app and what not.

I know on the CadillacForums app on iPhone, you can simply swipe the message topic and a "Delete" button appears. Press that and the message is deleted, or a "Are you sure" comes up then press "Yes" or "No".

KOT

admin
08-14-13, 10:24 AM
All the apps are the same since they all run on the same interface. Really the only difference you would see would be a bit of Layout/Function difference between Iphone and Andriod versions. I did not know you had a specific app set up for your forum ( Only a few of our forums do. This is the second one I have found) but it should function like the AG app. Deleting PM's on the AG IPhone app is the same as on the CF app. Swipe the message and you get the red delete alert then follow the prompts given.

To delete PM's on your Android app just hold down the message until the app prompts you. In this prompt it will give you the option to Reply, Flag, or Delete. Select Delete, it will ask are you sure? yes. Bye Bye PM

I hope this helped.

- dm, community support

Kingoftypos
08-14-13, 11:22 AM
All the apps are the same since they all run on the same interface. Really the only difference you would see would be a bit of Layout/Function difference between Iphone and Andriod versions. I did not know you had a specific app set up for your forum ( Only a few of our forums do. This is the second one I have found) but it should function like the AG app. Deleting PM's on the AG IPhone app is the same as on the CF app. Swipe the message and you get the red delete alert then follow the prompts given.

To delete PM's on your Android app just hold down the message until the app prompts you. In this prompt it will give you the option to Reply, Flag, or Delete. Select Delete, it will ask are you sure? yes. Bye Bye PM

I hope this helped.

- dm, community support

Yes we do, it was put out in late 2011, early 2012.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cadillac-forums/id488277096?mt=8

I do have a request though. Can it be updated to use the iPhone 5's larger screen?

KOT

admin
08-21-13, 10:59 AM
Yes we do, it was put out in late 2011, early 2012.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cadillac-forums/id488277096?mt=8

I do have a request though. Can it be updated to use the iPhone 5's larger screen?

KOT

The app should work with adjust inself to fit the screen of the Iphone 5. That being said I don't think this ap has been updated since before the release of the 5. Does it look off on the IPhone 5 screen? Could you post a screenshot of what it looks like for you.

- dm, community support

Kingoftypos
08-21-13, 11:23 AM
The app should work with adjust inself to fit the screen of the Iphone 5. That being said I don't think this ap has been updated since before the release of the 5. Does it look off on the IPhone 5 screen? Could you post a screenshot of what it looks like for you.

- dm, community support

Sure, see the blank spaces above and below? Apple did that until the app's creatures were able to update the app to fill the space. It squeezes everything in. Including the phone's icons, such as signal strength, battery life and what not.

I can't adjust it on an iPhone 5 like I can on my girl friend's iPad, with 2X zoom.

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz283/kingoftypos/E02C48C0-482B-498D-A486-B77202760D61-36546-00000ED16CDFAD9D_zpsb9e31956.jpg

KOT

admin
08-21-13, 11:37 AM
Editted.

Kot,

I looked into this a little bit deeper and from our end there is nothing that we can do to resolve this issue.

The Cadillac forum app was last updated on May 25th 2012 and was created by Sal Colascione III. Cadillac Forum was acquired by Verticalscope on June 3rd 2012. We have no access to this app since it was not created by us. This could also be why there has been no update on the app.

Your best bet would be to download the AutoGuide app. It works perfectly for the IPhone 5 and it updated often.

- dm, community support

Kingoftypos
08-21-13, 09:36 PM
Ok thanks, I grew accustom to the CF app and like it better than the AG. Which I do have. The main thing that I like about the CF app is the fact that when I am on the main screen for a forum. It shows the first unread message. Where as AG always shows the first posting.

The following screen shots are on the same forum with the same topics. See each topic has a different posting visual? I like CF better than the AG in that aspect.

Changing different settings in AG has no affect on this.

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz283/kingoftypos/E02C48C0-482B-498D-A486-B77202760D61-36546-00000ED16CDFAD9D_zpsb9e31956.jpg

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz283/kingoftypos/CC652C65-188E-416F-B6A4-D2B7AD1D6014-36546-00000ED16520F31A_zps105d164b.jpg

KOT