: Gas fill door

kipsts
08-09-13, 04:53 PM
I have not found any way to lock the gas fill door on SilverFox, my Platinum XTS. I realize this might be 'overkill' due to the unique capless fill system, but wondered if anyone has figured a way to have it lock when the car is locked? :cool2:

Lizbill
08-09-13, 08:43 PM
No can do. It's crappy door anyhow . If you don't have fingernails it is almost impossible to open. I can see scratches and chips in the future.

kipsts
08-09-13, 08:49 PM
No can do. It's crappy door anyhow . If you don't have fingernails it is almost impossible to open. I can see scratches and chips in the future. You don't need fingernails, all you have to do is push in on it and it pops open. It is a push to open door. :cool2:

Lizbill
08-10-13, 07:42 AM
You don't need fingernails, all you have to do is push in on it and it pops open. It is a push to open door. :cool2:

Humm, ok. Gotta try that. Thanks.

kipsts
08-10-13, 09:50 AM
Humm, ok. Gotta try that. Thanks. To quote the owners manual "Locate the fuel door. To open the fuel door, push the rearward center edge in and release and it will open." I think you will find it works very easily. :cool2:

Lizbill
08-10-13, 04:02 PM
Yup, it works. Gotta read TFB. Thanks

kipsts
08-10-13, 04:22 PM
Yup, it works. Gotta read TFB. Thanks You are most welcome. Enjoy your XTS :cool2:

CDN XTS
08-12-13, 12:45 AM
yeah, kipsts, I too wondered about that missing lock. One of these days some bad guy opens it and drops some bad stuff in it, like sugar and the next fill up carries it into the tank. Looking forward to our beer

kipsts
08-12-13, 12:49 AM
Hopefully the 'bad' guys won't think about that. Looking forward to it :cool2:

jsakabuck
08-12-13, 04:09 PM
While on this subject of the fuel door, I read in the Manual where there is supposed to be a fuel-filler adapter one would use when adding any type of fuel or gas supplement to the gas tank. Since I will be parking my XTS for the winter, I have always added a can of Stabil to the tank of my former cars to prevent stale gas. I went looking for the adapter in the trunk, but couldn't find it. Anyone know where it is stored/located in the trunk?

Johnfran
08-12-13, 04:52 PM
While on this subject of the fuel door, I read in the Manual where there is supposed to be a fuel-filler adapter one would use when adding any type of fuel or gas supplement to the gas tank. Since I will be parking my XTS for the winter, I have always added a can of Stabil to the tank of my former cars to prevent stale gas. I went looking for the adapter in the trunk, but couldn't find it. Anyone know where it is stored/located in the trunk?

Mine is in the form around the spare tire at about the 7 o'clock position

kipsts
08-12-13, 05:01 PM
While on this subject of the fuel door, I read in the Manual where there is supposed to be a fuel-filler adapter one would use when adding any type of fuel or gas supplement to the gas tank. Since I will be parking my XTS for the winter, I have always added a can of Stabil to the tank of my former cars to prevent stale gas. I went looking for the adapter in the trunk, but couldn't find it. Anyone know where it is stored/located in the trunk? Yes, it is located under the folding cover of the trunk, right next to the air pump on the right side of the pump. It is a black funnel about 1 1/2 inches diameter and is fitted into a hole so it is sitting down. That is where it is located if you do not have an OEM spare tire:cool: