: CD Player Issue

vicb
08-09-13, 10:42 AM
The CD player in my 05 Escalade will not allow me to insert CD's. All lights work on the unit. When you try to insert cd, the player does not grab the CD. Anyone run into this before? If so, does this mean I need a new CD player is there a fix?

the cadillac man
08-09-13, 04:45 PM
The CD player in my 05 Escalade will not allow me to insert CD's. All lights work on the unit. When you try to insert cd, the player does not grab the CD. Anyone run into this before? If so, does this mean I need a new CD player is there a fix?

Did you press the load button before inserting the cd?

vicb
08-10-13, 05:03 AM
Yes.

the cadillac man
08-10-13, 11:50 AM
You have two choices repair or replace(the cd changer is cheaper to replace)

Silent_Assasin
08-30-13, 06:22 PM
The CD player in my 05 Escalade will not allow me to insert CD's. All lights work on the unit. When you try to insert cd, the player does not grab the CD. Anyone run into this before? If so, does this mean I need a new CD player is there a fix? Yep, a couple weeks after i bought my 05 the same exact thing happend, i listened to cds in the single disc player over and over worked perfectly fine and then all of sudden one day i took a cd out, tried putting in another one and it took a crap on me, just wouldnt suck in the cd! ...hasnt worked since so instead of paying to replace it i just use the 6 disc for now! ...sucks but o well, the radio and display is fine i just cant use the upper cd player!

the cadillac man
08-30-13, 07:21 PM
Yep, a couple weeks after i bought my 05 the same exact thing happend, i listened to cds in the single disc player over and over worked perfectly fine and then all of sudden one day i took a cd out, tried putting in another one and it took a crap on me, just wouldnt suck in the cd! ...hasnt worked since so instead of paying to replace it i just use the 6 disc for now! ...sucks but o well, the radio and display is fine i just cant use the upper cd player!

There is a place that can fix your radio it is worth it if yours is the nav radio

bigirb2002
08-31-13, 10:15 PM
same happened to me its dead

vicb
09-02-13, 03:30 PM
I did replace the CD unit with a remanufactured one from Ebay. It was around $200. The swap was fairly easy once I realized you need to remove the entire cover and not just the plastic wood piece. It took well under 30 minutes to complete.