: Oil Pressure switch leak.

lacville78
08-09-13, 12:31 AM
The engine started leaking oil from the oil pressure switch threads, so I bought another one and used some teflon tape and it sealed for awhile. Until today, it went back to leaking. What am I doing wrong? How do I install the pressure switch without causing a leak. I also used the BWD switch instead of AC Delco, is that the problem?
Thanks,
Tom.

1980coupe
08-09-13, 05:22 AM
Could be that the threads went in wrong when you removed and installed teflon tape and reinstalled. That happen to my fuel inlet on the carb and was leaking gas. But I got another inlet and carefully installed and no more leaks...

deVille33
08-09-13, 10:56 AM
It is possible you could chase the threads in the block to ensure they are clean. You need a pipe tap or pipe thread chaser. Use grease on the tool to pick up any material you break loose, so it will come out when you back the tool out. BWD is on my list of superior replacement manufacturers. At least they are until I find a reason to move them to the other list.:p

lacville78
08-09-13, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the good tip!
I re installed the switch, no leaks there.... It turns out the rear of the intake gasket is leaking.
More fun for me!