: 1981 Cadillac Fleetwood Question

08-08-13, 10:11 PM
I need to change the coolant temp sensor on my 1981 Cadillac Fleetwood with the V8-6-4 fuel injected engine. My problem is im not sure where the coolant temp sensor is located on the engine block, and im not sure if there are more than one. If i could get help locating it/them that would be great.

08-08-13, 11:32 PM
The coolant temperature sensors are located near the thermostat housing

08-09-13, 05:23 AM
Yup^ just behind the A/C compressor, follow upper radiator h ose and you'll see it.

Robin Banx
08-09-13, 09:24 AM
You will find the wires going to the temp sensor. When you go to disconnect the plug on the sensor, you will see that the wires go into an oval-shaped plastic connector. You will need to squeeze the high sides of the plastic connector to get it to release. If you try to pull it off without first releasing it, you might damage it.