: Bear Attack!

DopeStar 156
03-16-05, 02:08 PM
Last night a bear tipped over my garbage can less than two feet from my car and put a little scratch on it. It coulda been worse, a bear once smashed the window on my friend's Saturn. Anyway, no one has my color in touch-up paint. After going to a Walmart automotive department and then to a Caddy dealer I was told that my color was discontinued in 1996. I called up a body shop and they told me that if they were to mix up my color, that it wouldn't look right since it's not being applied with a spray, and then a clear coat and would look worse than the scratch. Does anyone have any tips for scratch removal or any products I should try? It appears that there isn't a bottle of touch-up paint for me in this earth.

evilrussian
03-16-05, 02:40 PM
There is a product called GS 27 or something like that. I have no idea if it works or not, I just remember infomercial of that stuff.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-16-05, 03:03 PM
dayum ...well be glad it wasnt a moose .....ive seen it happen , kinda funny if it isnt your car (or in this case a F150) .....

Touch up paint is cheap , how long and wide is the scratch ...i knwo they dont have your color but since the stuff is cheap int he little bottle id geta few flavors and try them somewhere on the car that cant be seen...perhaps ford ,chry co or someone has something close enough ?

90Brougham350
03-16-05, 05:14 PM
Isn't there a shop in SoCal that takes your paint codes and makes you paint? I think I've heard that somewhere, I sure wish I had the money to buy some though. Apparently "light antelope" was discontinued in '95, so I know what you're saying.

Brian

DPGC23
03-16-05, 09:47 PM
Bears?? Haha

Man,,,,wher Do You Live @

Dpgc23

Adumb
03-16-05, 10:20 PM
when i was in court yesterday, some guy was talking about how he was driving in the country and hit a horse. the judge couldnt believe it, lol

90Brougham350
03-16-05, 10:47 PM
That kind of stuff happens all the time, seriously! My dad owns a small trucking company here in Minnesota, and one of his contractors was driving in southern part of the state near an Amish community. It was the middle of summer, and 2 horses were lying on the pavement at about 12 at night to cool off. Needless to say, that truck got a new bumper and fenders, and the Amish.....well, I'm sure they got some new horses, eventually:rolleyes:

Brian

DopeStar 156
03-17-05, 12:14 AM
Bears?? Haha

Man,,,,wher Do You Live @

Dpgc23
Northern, NJ. This isn't uncommon for me to see. The scratch isn't bad, and barely noticable, but it's like 6 inches long. I was thinking about that scratch bonder, that replicated the original color, but I dunno what it's actually called or where to get it.

Ralph
03-17-05, 12:26 AM
We got quite a few up north and around here. Ever see a bear run on hind legs??!! I did, back in 1979! My Dad and I were camping at Par Hill Lake and one got into hte garbage cans, the other into the womens outside potty which looked like a port a potty made of steel. My Dad saw it go in the potty and he went outside (against my screaming!) picked up a large rock, threw it at the potty and BANG!!!!! Out rant the bear on it's hind legs, so fast my Dad was laughing so hard!

The same weekend, the 60 ft. tree we parked beside was struck by lightning about 30 ft. up. At the time (late at night) my Dad was sitting in the drivers seat of the van listening to the radio looking at the fireflies having a ciggy and I was in the back sleeping. He was blinded by the lightning for 5 minutes and it blew out the radio circuits!!! Large pieces of branches were scattered everywhere around the van but NOTHING hit the van!! I'll NEVER forget that weekend as long as I live!!! The thunder was so loud after the hit I thought the van rocked!

Stoneage_Caddy
03-17-05, 12:48 AM
We got quite a few up north and around here. Ever see a bear run on hind legs??!! I did, back in 1979! My Dad and I were camping at Par Hill Lake and one got into hte garbage cans, the other into the womens outside potty which looked like a port a potty made of steel. My Dad saw it go in the potty and he went outside (against my screaming!) picked up a large rock, threw it at the potty and BANG!!!!! Out rant the bear on it's hind legs, so fast my Dad was laughing so hard!

The same weekend, the 60 ft. tree was struck by lightning about 30 ft. up. At the time (late at night) my Dad was sitting in the drivers seat of the van listening to the radio looking at the fireflies having a ciggy and I was in the back sleeping. He was blinded by the lightning for 5 minutes and it blew out the radio circuits!!! Large pieces of branches were scattered everywhere around the van but NOTHING hit the van!! I'll NEVER forget that weekend as long as I live!!!
Ralph , ive got another education film from John Candy you need to watch , go rent "the great outdoors" ....your story there reminds me of that movie

Ralph
03-17-05, 12:50 AM
Ralph , ive got another education film from John Candy you need to watch , go rent "the great outdoors" ....your story there reminds me of that movie

Ya know, I don't think I've ever seen that! Wasn't Dan Akroid in it too? It's an old movie isn't it? I was never much for comedies.

True story, seriously!! the next morning my Dad called the forest Ranger because he felt the tree wouldn't be safe for the next campers in that spot. It looked like it would fall over after being hit!

DopeStar 156
03-17-05, 02:03 AM
Wow dude. I actually took on a bear armed only with a Lincoln. I was coming home one night, and there was a bear standing in my driveway on the hind legs, it looked like 8 feet tall but if you have a 17 year old kid who's cocky enough in a Lincoln Continental, he'll see no challange. It was just staring at me and my car, so I beamed on the brights and lunged the car at it. A 5.0 Lincoln engine roars more ferociously than a bear, anyday. The thing actually terrified fell backward (No, I didn't hit it. I just lunged and stopped.) rolled over and scampered away. I felt powerful that day.

Ralph
03-17-05, 03:28 AM
Wow dude. I actually took on a bear armed only with a Lincoln. I was coming home one night, and there was a bear standing in my driveway on the hind legs, it looked like 8 feet tall but if you have a 17 year old kid who's cocky enough in a Lincoln Continental, he'll see no challange. It was just staring at me and my car, so I beamed on the brights and lunged the car at it. A 5.0 Lincoln engine roars more ferociously than a bear, anyday. The thing actually terrified fell backward (No, I didn't hit it. I just lunged and stopped.) rolled over and scampered away. I felt powerful that day.

Maybe it was a Bigfoot/Sasquatch. :eek: :yup: ;)

In Regina, (200,000 pop.) a bear got into town and climbed the school flagpole!!! Police had to come and shoot it down because they were worried about the children. Then animal groups had the nerve to complain about having to do that! I guess they'd rather it mauled their children instead? :cookoo:

NolieJames
03-17-05, 03:34 AM
this past December, I believe it was the 23rd, I had to respond to a non-injury accident on the highway. Apparently a couple driving a Ford Contour couldn't see the obstruction on the highway and had a little accident. By obstruction, I mean 3 miniature shetland ponies. Hence, little accident. Shetlands are small enough, but the mini-ponies are like large dogs. Anyway, not one, not two, but three little ponies met their demise, and so did the contour. One of those "things you dont see every day".

Oh yeah, and Great Outdoors is an awesome movie! I'm gonna have to go out and rent that now!

Ralph
03-17-05, 03:39 AM
this past December, I believe it was the 23rd, I had to respond to a non-injury accident on the highway. Apparently a couple driving a Ford Contour couldn't see the obstruction on the highway and had a little accident. By obstruction, I mean 3 miniature shetland ponies. Hence, little accident. Shetlands are small enough, but the mini-ponies are like large dogs. Anyway, not one, not two, but three little ponies met their demise, and so did the contour. One of those "things you dont see every day".

Oh yeah, and Great Outdoors is an awesome movie! I'm gonna have to go out and rent that now!

Welcome aboard. Are you a police officer or an ambulance driver? What's you "20." Don't forget the other John Candy classic from 1995, "Canadian Bacon." I got Stoney to thank for bringing it to my attention. Funniest thing I ever saw, total satire! BTW, we're really not that polite. :(

Kev
03-17-05, 03:57 AM

Oh yeah, and Great Outdoors is an awesome movie! I'm gonna have to go out and rent that now!Non-injury? What about those poor little ponies? (jk)

Welcome aboard. Are you a police officer or an ambulance driver? What's you "20." Don't forget the other John Candy classic from 1995, "Canadian Bacon." I got Stoney to thank for bringing it to my attention. Funniest thing I ever saw, total satire! BTW, we're really not that polite. :( 03-16-05 11:34 PMSatire? Was it really? Hmm.......:suspect:

Ralph
03-17-05, 04:01 AM
Satire? Was it really? Hmm.......:suspect:

What was it then, a documentary?? :hitstick:

Kev
03-17-05, 04:03 AM
What was it then, a documentary?? :hitstick:Docudrama? :histeric:

DopeStar 156
03-17-05, 10:58 AM
this past December, I believe it was the 23rd
Hey that's my birthday!!!!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: