: You know you've fixed the A/C when....

turbojimmy
08-08-13, 09:38 PM
...you leave the car idling for a bit at the local pizza place and you come out and the OUTSIDE of the windows are covered in condensation because it's so friggin cold inside the car. Haven't enjoyed that in a long time. It's warm and rainy tonight and I'm usually wiping fog off the inside of the windows so I can see. The A/C system in BigWood has tortured me since I've owned it but I think I finally beat it. Knock on wood (pun intended).

I'm going to get it all cleaned up for the trip to the shore tomorrow. We both deserve a little R&R.

CadillacLuke24
08-09-13, 12:55 AM
NICE! That's the Cadillac fridge-o-matic at its finest!

Cadillacboy
08-10-13, 02:45 PM
Good to hear that , I knew that you fixed it for good but your last post verifies that as well :D
Happy cooling and driving , don't forget to knock on the chromes as well lol

Aron9000
08-11-13, 02:56 AM
Knock on that fake plastic dash wood!!!

Jeppi94
08-11-13, 06:41 PM
Sweet!! My 89 brougham would need a AC fix, it only chills a bit, but strangely, when i do a kick down, it gushes out ice cold air, could it be a bad compressor clutch or similar?

Gravelyman
09-07-13, 11:19 AM
What did you do to it to get it up to snuff?

I've been reading up on it but haven't bought any equipment to actually do anything to mine yet.

turbojimmy
09-07-13, 11:41 AM
It's a long story, but in a nutshell: compressor, accumulator and orifice valve. Vacuumed it down with an inexpensive but effective vacuum pump that I bought on eBay. You'll want some manifold gauges too.

jamespowers
09-07-13, 05:19 PM
...you leave the car idling for a bit at the local pizza place and you come out and the OUTSIDE of the windows are covered in condensation because it's so friggin cold inside the car. Haven't enjoyed that in a long time. It's warm and rainy tonight and I'm usually wiping fog off the inside of the windows so I can see. The A/C system in BigWood has tortured me since I've owned it but I think I finally beat it. Knock on wood (pun intended).

I'm going to get it all cleaned up for the trip to the shore tomorrow. We both deserve a little R&R.

Good to hear! I am glad you got it sorted out.