: No instrument panel Lights

hayshaker@fuse.net
03-16-05, 08:56 AM
1993 Deville

I have no Instrument lights ( Odmeter meter). Light switch has been replaced Bulbs & fuse has been checked. BCM Replaced .. HELP:confused:

Hayshaker...

AllenPacla
03-16-05, 09:46 AM
You've got to remove the instrument panel and replace the bulbs behind. There is a link here somewhere giving instructions on how to remove the instrument panel, just be patient and use the search tool.

AllenPacla
03-16-05, 09:48 AM
Here it is http://www.angelfire.com/tx2/mannyyy/ipwriteup.html

tOnE369
03-16-05, 09:54 AM
when you click on this link it shows a page on how to... for 1997 Cadillac Catera. does this apply to the '00 (sport) model as well? it should, right?

AllenPacla
03-16-05, 10:02 AM
I guess it would. And just reading at the original post i noticed his car is a DeVille. Sorry about that. After reading a lot of these problem posted here, it's getting into my mind that all Catera's are just but the same. Anyway, give it a try and see. Maybe Jeff can provide some light on this.

hayshaker@fuse.net
03-16-05, 03:53 PM
I had the dash off & check the Bulbs . They Checked Good. All other lights work but the Dash lights showing the Odometer.. :banghead:

Shaker...

AllenPacla
03-16-05, 05:25 PM
Maybe you missed it.

hayshaker@fuse.net
03-18-05, 08:53 AM
[QUOTE=AllenPacla]Maybe you missed it.[/QUOTE

Thanks; Allen
At my age I have been missing a lot of things lately:hmm:

stevehogan
03-18-05, 12:06 PM
Just to verufy, you are talking about the bulbs that provide the general illumination of the instrument cluster, correct? If so, do the radio and console switch lamps light? And do they dim properly using the dimmer on the headlight switch? If so, and assuming that all of the light bulbs in the cluster are indeed good, you need to verify that voltage is present on pin 17 of the instrument cluster connector. The voltage should vary with the setting of the dimmer. If voltage is present, then you need to tear the instrument cluster apart and look for a break in the PC board between Pin 17 and the light bulbs. FWIW, the BCM has nothing to do with these lamps. I am curious as to why it was replaced. Or am I missing something?

hayshaker@fuse.net
03-26-05, 08:21 AM
Problem started with the battery going dead. The battry was bout 4 years old so I replaced the battery. Didn't solve the problem. I went into my garage one night and notice the dash lights was onn and wouldn't trun off. I check out the light switch and had NO head lights. I replace the head light switch The head light would trun the head lights onn but no Dash lights.. I tuck the car to Our ONE caddy dealer in town and was told at it was the BMC. So I hade it replace. I don't drive much at nigth any more (Age) I had to make a trip to the Hospital one night with my wife and had no dash lights. SO I have been "HAD:sneaky: " by the Dealer :rant2: and I didn't take the car back.. So I checked the Fuse and Remover the Instrument panel and checked the bulbs.. YES the Dome lights work off of the light switch. The high beam indecater ligh in the dash works and all of the Info center Panel lights wotk (Gas & Mileage Info center. ) I will check the Board next.. :rolleyes: Thanks.. Bill

stevehogan
03-26-05, 08:42 AM
Before you tear the cluster itself apart, verify the voltage on Pin 17 of the harness as I mentioned above. Just to verify one last time. With the headlights on, do the lights in the radio and the heater controls vary in intensity with the setting of the dimmer on the headlight switch?

Vesicant
03-26-05, 11:18 AM
Is this about your 93 deville or a Catera because im about ready to move this thread to that section if so :coolgleam

stevehogan
03-26-05, 11:25 AM
WOW. I've been answering this question assuming it was a Catera. Just reread the original post and see the word "deville." That'll teach me to read the entire thing THOROUGHLY. Sorry for the misguided information.

hayshaker@fuse.net
03-27-05, 05:47 AM
Drove the car last night. NO, the Radio or heater control light don't work... None of the Instrument Work. (Info center Only) Next I will check the new Head light switch. could be new & bad. I will look for pin 17.

Thanks Guys. Hayshaker.... 93 caddy Deville.

nal0917
10-10-05, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the link to removing the dash...

The light(s) that illuminate the right-hand side of the speedometer and the entire fuel gauge are out. Anyone know how many lights this is (guessing one but want to be sure) and what p/n these are (guessing avail from GM only). (1999 Catera)

Thanks!

Jair28
10-20-05, 02:09 PM
I am new to this forum, but I also need at least two instrument panel lights. Would like to get them in advance, if anyone knows the part number.
Thanks.