: Been away for a while....

WhoseCadillacIsThat
08-08-13, 05:23 PM
Hello once again....from a while back....

Time to share some recent 'V' adventures....

This '11 with just over 13K went in for some regular warranty service. I had noticed some 'unpleasant noise' from under the hood. I had read here on the forum about the damper/coupler on the supercharger but didn't want the dealership service department to think that I was one of those 'internet' diagnosticians. So, I made casual mention on a list presented to the service department. Reference was made to the 'knock' or 'rattle' heard from under the hood, especially on a cold start. ---- They replaced the whole assembly..... --- without a murmur. Impressed - I am! (and also happy I am!)

I had agonized over this noise with stethoscope listening and reading about what it may be.....Good dealership!. Rick Hendrick runs a tight ship to be sure and knows where we come from.... He's not 'just another billionaire' - he still knows and respects where that money comes from.....

No, I don't know Rick Hendrick and he doesn't know me...... but his "Caddie" dealership in Norfolk, VA ought to get a hardy salute! Thing is; there's more to this story and it is remarkable indeed. Nothing is perfect but these folks will work to make their efforts totally satisfactory for their customers and some of this 'customer satisfaction' has to come right out of Rick Hendrick's pocket!

Ok, Ok! Thanks.....

BillC "Whose Cadillac Is That?"

tophat
08-08-13, 05:49 PM
Thats great that you found a good dealership to work with, I hope you also posted this in the V2 section as Im sure they would be happy to know about your issues also.

WhoseCadillacIsThat
08-09-13, 05:23 AM
Well, it looks like I've posted in the wrong year group as well.... Retraining needed after a long separation!

But we're all in this anyhow, right?