: 96 fleetwood brougham only starts with gas pedal all the way down

86pete
08-08-13, 04:51 PM
I have a 96 Fleetwood brougham that will only start with the gas pedal to the floor and then dies when I let off the gas. it doesn't show any codes. anyone have any suggestions

turbojimmy
08-08-13, 05:03 PM
What happens when it starts with the pedal to the floor? Does it go wide-open-throttle and run like it should with the pedal to the floor?

purelux
08-08-13, 05:13 PM
How does it drive whence you start goin. If the iac idle air controller is dirty or wearing out touching the pedal at all starts it and keeps it going at stops. But needing all the way down maybe not enough fuel getting through.

turbojimmy
08-08-13, 05:19 PM
How does it drive whence you start goin. If the iac idle air controller is dirty or wearing out touching the pedal at all starts it and keeps it going at stops. But needing all the way down maybe not enough fuel getting through.

That's kind of where I was going: IAC. Pedal to the floor should cut the fuel. Wondering if it would start with the throttle cracked open just a bit, which would point to the IAC.

86pete
08-08-13, 05:34 PM
it runs wide open. if I let off the gas any it will die. it will only start with pedal to the floor

turbojimmy
08-08-13, 05:42 PM
First, are there any codes.

Second, I'd suspect the TPS. I would make sure you're getting the right voltage out of it.