: my Lac is possessed

Scandalous
03-16-05, 04:31 AM
tonight i was driving home with my girl. we were talking about psychics and other supernatural shit. she said that if you see them, you open yourself up to the devil. now, seeing as how i am not a religious man at all, i really didnt pay it much mind. i made a lil joke about how i was a former gang member and have done some shit that will prolly give my soul to the devil anyway, so if she wants it, she can take it anytime...:devil: about this time, i was coming up ona semi, so i floor it to pass the semi, and the fuccin pedal wont come bacc up... oh shit. about the time i hit 100, i look down at my odo, and its showing 55,666. freaked me out. i kept stamping on the pedal trying to make it jump bacc up, and it wasnt having it. now i was around 110. i shut her down and coast off the highway. i pop the hood, get out and feel around. i have no flashlight, so i am under my hood with a bic. anyway, the reason it did that is because the previous owner put a K&N on it, and the bottom plate was too big, and it obstructed the throttle spring. that is what the big section cut out of the bottom plate is for. must be when i took the air cleaner off to change my water pump, i didnt put it bacc on in the same position. it scared the shit out of me...
as i said, i am not a religious man, but tomorrow, i am taking her to see a priest. if it did this at 55666, i am gonna be really fucced when she hits 66666.:hide:

90Brougham350
03-16-05, 10:48 AM
Hahahaha, that's pretty damn hilarious. Seriously, what are you worried about! Freaky siht happens, but it's all coincidental. You just didn't put the air cleaner back on the same way it was before, nothing more. But I suppose if there ever was a vehicle fitting to be posessed, it would be a Caddy!

Brian

CoupeDevilleRob
03-16-05, 12:25 PM
A good holy water bath should do the trick. But if the paint starts to bubble run, run as fast as you can.

blingblingcv
03-16-05, 02:09 PM
That is some crazy and freaky stuff man.

slk230mb
03-16-05, 02:15 PM
Mine flashed the Service Stability System message at 66,666. I called Onstar they said my ABS and traction control was not working and was disabled. I shut it off, then back on, no more light. Drove it to the dealership up here at school, they plugged in a Tech 2, shows in the code in history, they test all the systems and test drives it with me on some ice, everything worked as it should.

davesdeville
03-16-05, 07:00 PM
My friends car had the pedal stick on Tuesday.. it's a scary feeling. He got it to come back up at about 25 or so mph by stepping on it. And he hasn't checked to see what caused it either... I'm not riding in his car til he does though.

Adumb
03-16-05, 10:38 PM
i havent really had any freaky shit happen to me in my car yet. my tempo's fuel pump would only act up at my gf's house but thats normal, a tempo is supposed to break down. its a tempo-rary form of transportation, lol

Scandalous
03-17-05, 12:05 AM
well, she drove fine tonight, but juss the same, i think her name will be changed to Christine...