: Replacement Parts

devilleconcours100
03-15-05, 11:15 AM
Hi, everybody, I wondered what you guys think about the replacement parts we use for our Cadillacs. I always use AC-Delco or GM Parts when they are available, but due to the age of some of my cars I have to use Reman or Rebuilt aftermarket parts. I tried Advance Auto Parts, and Auto Zone and other than their Delco or Delphi parts I was seriously disapointed in the quality and durability of the parts. NAPA on the other hand is very good, and that is what I use for my cars and in my shop.

Thanks, Dave

caddydaddy
03-15-05, 11:38 AM
Yeah, I've been pretty disappointed in the rebuilt parts as well, they either don't fit right, or don't last as long. I try to use GM parts when I can.

devilleconcours100
03-15-05, 04:00 PM
Hey, there are always some people who come to my shop (my uncle with the 90 Jeep) who keep on putting on whatever is the cheapest aftermarket junk he can find, I mean he bought fuel injectors from a junkyard, instead of ever using the OEM parts. I keep telling him all he is doing is paying double, because I have to take the part off when it doesn't work or fails after 10 days.