: What do you boomers want?

joadgi
03-15-05, 02:39 AM
With all the changes that Cadillac is doing with their "break through" campain what do you like and what dont like you like about it? If you could change something what would it be either on the car or in advertising. Also what interested you in Cadillac in the first place?

airbalancer
03-15-05, 07:01 AM
I want a CTS ragtop, or $35,000 2 seater(Z4)

Katshot
03-15-05, 07:43 AM
I want a CTS ragtop, or $35,000 2 seater(Z4)

That WOULD be nice but then it wouldn't be a TRUE luxury car. ;)

Sandy
03-15-05, 09:48 AM
Okay, I think I read somewhere that "Boomers" are defined as those born between 1945 and 1955, which today would be ages 49 to 59, yes?

Well, I was born in 1946 (Okay, the last month of 1946) so I assume I qualify.

What I would like will NEVER happen, again, but I can fantasize, yes?
I'd like to see Cadillac return to the large barge of soft luxury pillowed type velvet interiors of the early to mid 70s.
The cars that are now coming out of Cadillac, such as the CTS & CTS-V and STS and STS-V would have made better sence to come out of Oldsmobile, and would have saved Oldsmobile! Remember baaaack, waay back, Oldsmobile WAS THE performance Division of GM. The "Rocket 88s" of the late 40s and early 50's and well into the mid 50s and Olds legendary drag racing & stock car racing & many many wins. Then later, the 4.4.2. and W-30s of the 60's & 70's. Olds was into performance waaaay before Pontiac ever was.

All this badge and design sharing is plain nuts. Chevy was enonomy, Pontiac was a step up with a bit more avant guard & sexy styling, Olds was performance, Buick was near luxury and Cadillac was opulent luxury.
Today, Cadillac is performance, Buick is ?? Olds is gone, Pontiac has remained true to its roots and likewise Chevy.
I miss the Fleetwood Brougham the Sixty Special, the Biarritz, the Eldorado and the Coupe deVille.
Now...it's CTS STS SXT XLR DTS DHS V-this & V-that, EXR, SUV,
God Help Us, even I can't recall them all ~ What's trhe Excalade based Pick Up Like the Chevy Avalanch???
Atleast Buick still as NAMES !
I should have named my son BB1 (For Baby Boy Block, #1)
Our Dog: BD-3 (For Block Dog #3)
Imagine going to thepark and yelling, "Here Boy, Come! Come on BD Three"
Here BD Three come on boy
Sillyness

Katshot
03-15-05, 11:27 AM
LOL!!!
You're killing me here Sandy!
BTW, the baby boomers are from 1946 - 1964.

youbetcha77
03-15-05, 01:24 PM
Okay, I think I read somewhere that "Boomers" are defined as those born between 1945 and 1955, which today would be ages 49 to 59, yes?

Well, I was born in 1946 (Okay, the last month of 1946) so I assume I qualify.

What I would like will NEVER happen, again, but I can fantasize, yes?
I'd like to see Cadillac return to the large barge of soft luxury pillowed type velvet interiors of the early to mid 70s.
The cars that are now coming out of Cadillac, such as the CTS & CTS-V and STS and STS-V would have made better sence to come out of Oldsmobile, and would have saved Oldsmobile! Remember baaaack, waay back, Oldsmobile WAS THE performance Division of GM. The "Rocket 88s" of the late 40s and early 50's and well into the mid 50s and Olds legendary drag racing & stock car racing & many many wins. Then later, the 4.4.2. and W-30s of the 60's & 70's. Olds was into performance waaaay before Pontiac ever was.

All this badge and design sharing is plain nuts. Chevy was enonomy, Pontiac was a step up with a bit more avant guard & sexy styling, Olds was performance, Buick was near luxury and Cadillac was opulent luxury.
Today, Cadillac is performance, Buick is ?? Olds is gone, Pontiac has remained true to its roots and likewise Chevy.
I miss the Fleetwood Brougham the Sixty Special, the Biarritz, the Eldorado and the Coupe deVille.
Now...it's CTS STS SXT XLR DTS DHS V-this & V-that, EXR, SUV,
God Help Us, even I can't recall them all ~ What's trhe Excalade based Pick Up Like the Chevy Avalanch???
Atleast Buick still as NAMES !
I should have named my son BB1 (For Baby Boy Block, #1)
Our Dog: BD-3 (For Block Dog #3)
Imagine going to thepark and yelling, "Here Boy, Come! Come on BD Three"
Here BD Three come on boy
Sillyness
Now thats funny, I dont care who you are.

Blaze

Sandy
03-16-05, 12:07 AM
Who-Hoo, then I just eeked in -- in 1946.
Seriously, I don't like (never did) "Group Titles" ~ Yuppies,yipees, Boomers, Y-Gen, X-Gen, whatever else. It cheapens the individuality of people, and groups them (sometimes for hatefull purposes) don't cha think ?

Jesda
03-16-05, 02:53 PM
Generational categorization is an entirely valid practice, and it works. Cadillac in the past appealed to the (depression era) silent generation while BMW and Lexus picked up on the boomers. Boomers are more expressive, more active, and less afraid of blowing large amounts of money on ridiculous things (think option packages).

My (80s/90s) generation seems to have migrated toward Mitsubishi, Nissan, and Honda, and I think as they (we) age they (we) will strongly consider Lexus, Infiniti, and Acura products. I tend to be a more traditional person, but I also appreciate boldness, thus my recent and strong interest in Cadillac.