: Fixed!

illumina
03-14-05, 11:57 PM
I don't know if anyone remembers the post I made about me bashing my poor car into some Kia, but I did it about three weeks ago...

After $115.00 and about ten hours of labor with my brother's help, I finally got her back into somewhat presentable condidtion.

There are still a few minor things that need addressed, like a paint job for the new black bumper so it will match the silver car, but they're just details...And some things need a little bit of an adjustment, but everyhting is otherwise okay.

So far the cost as mentioned above was $115.00, parts included:

Grill: $20.00
Driver's side fender (gray too!): $50.00
Front bumper (black :annoyed: ) $45.00

Not too bad for all of that.

In the future, I may need a new bumper shock absorber, but me and my brother did our best to form it back to where it was...Almost...

So that's the good part...Now for the bad part...

I recieved a call from my insurance adjuster about the other guy's car...The grand total for his repairs...

$5800.00

Because I'm the one who is technically at fault for the accident, My insurance has to pay for all of his damages! I'm currently out of the loop for any funds for my car, as would be expected... :annoyed: :helpless:

Oh well, I have one suggestion: next time the guy buys a new car, get something other than a Kia...

I can at least take solace in the fact that my American made beast put a hurtin' on that POS and I also only had $115.00 in parts repair minus a paint job...Some strange logic, huh?

At least everyone lived too...

slk230mb
03-14-05, 11:59 PM
lol, nice.

davesdeville
03-15-05, 01:57 AM
Hell a used Kia isn't even worth 5800! I remember some brand new 03 Kias going for 5,999 when the 04s came out.

Ralph
03-15-05, 02:05 AM
Mike, I can't remember the details of the accident from your other thread, but I'll go look for it now.

So you did find a bumper locally I take it? Better than going to that crook out of town!

DeVillish
03-15-05, 06:30 AM
haha i hit a kia too! i really messed that thing up too. Only going like 20 mph and did like 3k of damage to it and i fixed my car for like 300 bucks, including converting it from a 90 style front end to a 91-93 style. it just needed paint.

sgilbert
03-15-05, 11:54 AM
As long as your ins. co. has to pay, why didn't you get yours done right also? I can see why you would do your own repairs if the ins. wasn't involved, or you wanted to keep them out of it, but they're going to raise your rates (or cancel you anyway). You should have had yours done right & proper.