: change engine oil alert problem

camilla67
08-06-13, 04:37 PM
hello everybody, do you know how to disable the "change engine oil soon" alert after having changed it? thanks a lot!

Submariner409
08-06-13, 05:14 PM
Let's move this to the Escalade forums. This CCC forum is for warranty and dealer interaction problems.

You might want to read your owner's manual - the OLM reset is discussed there. Basically I believe that, in your vehicle, you call up OLM in the DIC and hold the INFO RESET button for 5 or more seconds.

Please update your profile to show your vehicle year - it sure helps with problem diagnosis.......... if this is in the incorrect Escalade year group, you now know why.

the cadillac man
08-06-13, 06:12 PM
hello everybody, do you know how to disable the "change engine oil soon" alert after having changed it? thanks a lot!

If it is a 02 you turn the key to run and pump the gas three times

If it is a 03 and newer then the steering wheel controls can be used
Use the button that has a gas pump on it to bring up the oil life meter then press the enter key till it shows oil life reset the it will display oil life : 100%

rfishoutofwater
08-06-13, 10:40 PM
Mines an 05 and to reset mine i have to pump the gas peddle 3 time. The reset from the steering wheel doesnt work

the cadillac man
08-06-13, 10:59 PM
Mines an 05 and to reset mine i have to pump the gas peddle 3 time. The reset from the steering wheel doesnt work

Odd gm must have played around with it over the years

wesyder
08-06-13, 11:47 PM

Same here

mikedyk43
08-07-13, 03:58 AM
Same on my 06

BlueOvalKid
08-07-13, 10:50 AM
Mine's an 05 and the steering wheel reset in the proper DIC menu works fine. Just did it last week.

jnrsesv
08-07-13, 11:33 AM
Mine's an 05 and the steering wheel reset in the proper DIC menu works fine. Just did it last week.

This is how ours works as well, I have never done the peddle pump reset thingy in our '05 either.

rfishoutofwater
08-07-13, 01:41 PM
The reset on the wheel wont work on mine. Just the peddle pump works. Kinda odd there are different ways on same year escalades. The reset on the wheel works for everything else though.

Mark Edward Morrison
08-07-13, 10:02 PM
My 04 works perfect with the steering wheel controls. You do have to hold it down for like 30 seconds to make it switch back to 100%. I would try it again next time you get your oil changed and just hold it in for 30 to 45 seconds....

rfishoutofwater
08-07-13, 11:19 PM
My 04 works perfect with the steering wheel controls. You do have to hold it down for like 30 seconds to make it switch back to 100%. I would try it again next time you get your oil changed and just hold it in for 30 to 45 seconds....

No dice. Tried it several times. Gas peddle only option that works. Manual says gas peddle too. Have had if for over a year.