: Hole in Dash , Diablo ?

Stoneage_Caddy
03-14-05, 02:11 PM
Hey looking to see if anyone else has a hole in the center top of there dash on these 94-95 devilles, looks about right for a small oval speaker , say perhaps for the beatter stereo on the concourse deville ...how would i go about getting a speaker in there? installation looks easy , its just the wireing part ....as i belive it needs to be more of a tweeter type deal thats not biased to one side or the other ...so tapping a left or right front speaker doesnt seem right....want to do this when i replace the front door speakers ....i think one got messed up dureing my "door lock acuator" adventure a year ago....

Unoretuneatly the head unit isnt stock ....aftermarket kenwood mp3 player ...unless the owners manual of the kenwood has a diagram to wire in a center front ?

D148L0
03-14-05, 02:40 PM
Hey looking to see if anyone else has a hole in the center top of there dash on these 94-95 devilles, looks about right for a small oval speaker , say perhaps for the beatter stereo on the concourse deville ...how would i go about getting a speaker in there? installation looks easy , its just the wireing part ....as i belive it needs to be more of a tweeter type deal thats not biased to one side or the other ...so tapping a left or right front speaker doesnt seem right....want to do this when i replace the front door speakers ....i think one got messed up dureing my "door lock acuator" adventure a year ago....

Unoretuneatly the head unit isnt stock ....aftermarket kenwood mp3 player ...unless the owners manual of the kenwood has a diagram to wire in a center front ?
Stoney, that hole houses a 6x4 mid/high speaker that serves a a center channel. Like you said, that means it has no left or right bias. Not all aftermarket 6x4 fit perfectly there, so make sure to ask before buying. I have a 6x4 MB quart speaker there, powered by it's own amplifier. You should have no problem to do the install.