: '66 DeVille Climate Control Inop. Help!!!

NolieJames
03-14-05, 02:28 PM
Guys, i'm stumped here. I replaced the heater core in my '66 DeVille, and now the blower motor won't kick in regardless of temp setting. What's the deal? It worked fine before I took it apart, and I was really careful to put everything back together the right way. The A/C compressor kicks in when I set it to Defog, but nothing comes out of the floor or defrost vents.

I'm sure it's something really simple, but what? Any ideas? I'm going insane while freezing my butt off at the same time. :banghead:

BroughamOnChrome
03-16-05, 11:33 PM
If the blower motor dosnt turn on and you pluged it in correctly then maybe it needs to be replaced also check the fuse.

NolieJames
03-17-05, 03:39 AM
See, I checked all the fuses and they were okay, but I got it fixed today! Yay!!! :bouncy:

Turns out there's two little vacuum hoses that connect to some heat riser type fitting where the heater hoses flow through. I saw one of them had come loose due to a crack in the end of the hose. I cut off the bad end, hooked it up, and lo and behold, the compressor kicked in, the fan turned on, and my windshield defogged in a snap. I couldn't believe it! :D

I knew it was something stupid like that little bugger.......

Thanks for the help Brougham!