: obd2 code co455

Grozier
08-05-13, 07:51 PM
what the hell is this code co455? I can't find a definite answer. The guy at Auto Zone said it has to do with the engine not knowing where top dead center is(possible cam sensor), but nothing I find on the web tells me the same.

6lbsofSound
08-05-13, 09:16 PM
Steering wheel position sensor is the C0455 code. I don't think the autozone guy knew what he was talking about.

jnrsesv
08-08-13, 11:12 AM
DTC C0455

Circuit Description
The electronic brake control module (EBCM) receives several inputs from the steering wheel position sensor. Three digital square wave signal inputs are wired directly to the EBCM harness connector, however, only signals A and B are used or monitored. The failure of the index pulse signal does not effect vehicle stability enhancement system (VSES) function. The body control module (BCM), which receives an analog steering position sensor input, transmits steering position data on the serial data line. The EBCM monitors the serial data information as an added fail-safe for the steering position sensor circuitry. Battery voltage is supplied to the digital portion of the steering wheel position sensor from the cruise control fuse. The analog portion of the steering wheel position sensor is supplied a 5-volt reference from the BCM. This circuit is also used for a lamp dimming function.

DTC C0455
Circuit Description
The digital Steering Wheel Position Sensor (SWPS) inputs to the Electronic Suspension Control (ESC) module consists of 3 digital input circuits, phase A, phase B, and index marker pulse. The SWPS supply voltage is between 4.9-5.1 volts. The information that the ESC module receives from the SWPS is used to calculate steering angle, steering velocity, and lateral acceleration. These values are used in the control of the suspension dampers.

The digital SWPS phase A and phase B circuits are digital pulse signals whose output represents one degree of steering wheel rotation. When observing the Phase A data and the Phase B data parameters on the scan tool, the parameters will not have the same value at the same time. When the steering wheel is rotated, the Phase A data and the Phase B data parameters will be shown as high or low on the scan tool.

The index marker pulse is a digital pulse that is displayed as high on the scan tool for 20 degrees only when the steering wheel angle is between ?10 and +10 degrees .