: Cupholder

APatterson
03-14-05, 12:32 AM
Anyone know where i can get a replacement cupholder for my 98 catera.

those late night drive thru windows are gettin the better of me and a cold drink in my lap isnt quite working :D ..

thanks..
oh.. and i did notice this..
when im sitting in the drivers seat.. looking at the heating/ac controls.. one of my lights has gone out, just to light up the buttons.. not to actually see the temp and stuff.. how do i replace this... from the on/off button and everything to the left is blacked out, kinda bugs me.. i like my buttons to be well lit.. haha

-apatterson-

omermurat
03-14-05, 12:10 PM
For a cup holder, try ebay. You can find one for much cheper than a dealer.

For the lights on your dashboard, you need to remove it to replace the lights behind it. It's not easy but not that difficult either.

Good luck.

omermurat
03-15-05, 07:20 PM
For changing your lights on your dashboard just follow the below link;

http://www.angelfire.com/tx2/mannyyy/ipwriteup.html

ShivaDog
03-21-05, 06:43 PM
For a cupholder, dealer said $135.00 I had the arm/fork that pivots out of the console so I just took a 6" piece of common 2'x4' board (3-1/2"w) and shaped it like and arrow with 45 degree angles facing forward. It fit perfectly between the metal arms which have a hole near the tip that allowed me to screw the piece in between. I then cut a bottom piece that would for a base just above where the emergency brake sits. At Wal-Mart, I got 4 plastic cupholders for $2.00 and cut off the tabs which garden shears and then screwed the "cupholders" into the 45 degree angle front end. They rest just opposite your thigh. Because the main piece that is screwed into the arms can pivot backwards, you can use the emergency brake...just take your drink out or it will tip over!

Total cost $2.00 +tax and about 25 cents worth of old 2x4 wood.

Total time: About 1 hour which includes sanding and staining etc...

Looks a little odd but IT WORKS GREAT.

Matt337
03-22-05, 08:06 AM
For a cupholder, dealer said $135.00 I had the arm/fork that pivots out of the console so I just took a 6" piece of common 2'x4' board (3-1/2"w) and shaped it like and arrow with 45 degree angles facing forward. It fit perfectly between the metal arms which have a hole near the tip that allowed me to screw the piece in between. I then cut a bottom piece that would for a base just above where the emergency brake sits. At Wal-Mart, I got 4 plastic cupholders for $2.00 and cut off the tabs which garden shears and then screwed the "cupholders" into the 45 degree angle front end. They rest just opposite your thigh. Because the main piece that is screwed into the arms can pivot backwards, you can use the emergency brake...just take your drink out or it will tip over!

Total cost $2.00 +tax and about 25 cents worth of old 2x4 wood.

Total time: About 1 hour which includes sanding and staining etc...

Looks a little odd but IT WORKS GREAT.

Do you have any good pics?

vegaspro
03-28-05, 09:01 PM
Autozone sells a cupholder to clamp from the inside to enlarge an existing cupholder, or from the outside to any base less than 3". It clamps over the right side of the counsel, can still use your brake, windows, etc. Just a little restricted on where the passenger seat can go.

dwheeler
04-04-05, 01:19 AM
I'd love to convert the front ash try into a cup holder. Anyone toyed with this idea? I don't have the courage to just rip it up and I use the storage of the center console too much to use it for cup holders.