: Key fob trunk button issues

Bejaip
08-05-13, 01:51 PM
Has anybody else notice the the trunk button on the keyfob opens the trunk with one press. Not the press and hold or double press. I was at work one day and had my keys on my pocket and one of my coworkers said my trunk was open. This happened another time at church.

Lizbill
08-06-13, 06:32 PM
Yeah happined to me a few times. Thinking about getting a FOB cover that's advertised at times on this site. Go to keywraps.com

handymantoo
08-06-13, 09:09 PM
To prevent this from happening use the valet function. The windows will all go down venting if you hold I believe the open button. More of a problem than the trunk opening.

Bejaip
08-07-13, 08:37 AM
I should not have to put my car in a different mode every time a exit it. It should be either a two tap process, a tap and hold or even a hold process. Maybe they will fix this in the next update.

TulsaVic
08-07-13, 02:03 PM
Same problem with the DTS and there were complaints on the DTS page. If they carried over that issue into the XTS, don't imagine Cadillac thinks it's worth fiddling with.

Johnfran
08-08-13, 09:29 PM
Yeah happined to me a few times. Thinking about getting a FOB cover that's advertised at times on this site. Go to keywraps.com

The keywraps solved the problem for me

CDN XTS
08-12-13, 12:49 AM
keywraps solved it for me too

nstar
08-12-13, 01:10 PM
On the 2012 2013 buick lacrosse they are doing a change in them for owners that requires you to push key fob twice before trunk will open, from reading lacrosse forum. Seems like they could also carry this over to xts.

Bejaip
08-12-13, 02:44 PM
you would think plus i think you should have to by a cover for you phone to stop the trunk from opening I mean that is a security hazard. You would think that since with everything being wireless they would have security being a major issue.