: Warped rotors and need some more juice

Ramv
08-04-13, 11:22 PM
During a decent pass I got some aggressive vibes from the front brakes. Felt like warped rotors, only when hot. (Slowing from 95 or so to 45). 2012 coupe AWD with 12000 miles. Suggestions for better rotors ? I put the GMPP on my Avalanche and they have been flawless for over 100 k miles.

Also could use more power at altitude, I assume I need forced induction. Turbo or S/c ? Anyone in the Denver area who can do the instal and tune?

arw1510
08-04-13, 11:39 PM
During a decent pass I got some aggressive vibes from the front brakes. Felt like warped rotors, only when hot. (Slowing from 95 or so to 45). 2012 coupe AWD with 12000 miles. Suggestions for better rotors ? I put the GMPP on my Avalanche and they have been flawless for over 100 k miles.

Also could use more power at altitude, I assume I need forced induction. Turbo or S/c ? Anyone in the Denver area who can do the instal and tune?

What would gmpp have to do with rotors on a fairly new vehicle? If they warped already with so little miles you can argue with the dealer enough for them to replace them under warranty

Ramv
08-05-13, 10:20 PM
From my 3/4 ton experience I say not worth dealer time. Hence my post in performance. With the Chevy they couldn't replicate the problem. (Dealers are on Denver, hard to get them to test drive in te hills ) three trips and they finally resurfaced the rotors. Which warped immediately.

The slotted cross drilled GMPp do much better than the stock vented on the truck. I assume there are some good options for the caddy.

Ramv
08-05-13, 11:26 PM
Are AWD coupes the smaller 315 mm rotors? Ours is the premium but I don't recall any performance options on the AWD. It has 18" wheels and the taller axle ratio. :(.

arw1510
08-06-13, 11:37 AM
From my 3/4 ton experience I say not worth dealer time. Hence my post in performance. With the Chevy they couldn't replicate the problem. (Dealers are on Denver, hard to get them to test drive in te hills ) three trips and they finally resurfaced the rotors. Which warped immediately.

The slotted cross drilled GMPp do much better than the stock vented on the truck. I assume there are some good options for the caddy.

Why you say GMPP, I think of General Motors Protection Plan, the extended warranty, which was really throwing me off

conedoctor
09-17-13, 01:52 PM
GM performance parts

Ramv
09-21-13, 08:01 PM
Yep. Dura last or Rayestas had the same parts too at slightly less. Anyway what's a good alternative to stock rotors on a AWD coupe?

tinman
09-23-13, 08:16 AM
There is always the Brembo brake upgrade.

Ramv
09-24-13, 11:46 PM
Link? Or are you referring to the CTS V brakes?

tinman
09-25-13, 08:46 AM
The one Mr. Coffee has written in the Performance Forum subcategory. Link is here: http://http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-performance-mods/311106-diy-install-cts-v-brembo-brakes.html (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-performance-mods/311106-diy-install-cts-v-brembo-brakes.html)

Ramv
09-25-13, 11:01 AM
Cool, yeah I have read that thread. Very informative.