: Hello all

Classy Lady
08-04-13, 09:44 PM
Salutations! I found this site on google when looking for an answer to a maintenance question. I will be purchasing a 1988 Caddy hearse in the very near future that has some minor issues. I hope to get to know some people here and gain knowledge on how to best work on my future car (I work mainly on Fords, so this is new to me, lol). Hope everyone has a wonderful day :)

93DevilleUSMC
08-04-13, 09:56 PM
Welcome!

orconn
08-04-13, 09:58 PM
Well, Miss Lady, you came to the right place! Not only do we have Cadillac drivers and admirers here, but we also have a Cadillac hearse driving contingent! Where about are you from?

Ranger
08-04-13, 10:24 PM
:welcome:

Classy Lady
08-04-13, 10:37 PM
Well, Miss Lady, you came to the right place! Not only do we have Cadillac drivers and admirers here, but we also have a Cadillac hearse driving contingent! Where about are you from?

I live in Brentwood, TN :). Contingent says you? Sounds like a fun time says I, lol. By the way, my name is Britt :). I am having trouble figuring out which forum to post my question. Its about the coolant system. I only know what liter it is, not what type. Any suggestions?

Submariner409
08-04-13, 10:44 PM
Hiya ........... Most decent part of the world. Bunch of my people are NNE of you, up in Franklin, KY.

1988 Cadillac Hearse conversion -------- look in either Classic Cadilac or the RWD (??) Brougham forums.

Classy Lady
08-04-13, 10:58 PM
Hiya ........... Most decent part of the world. Bunch of my people are NNE of you, up in Franklin, KY.

1988 Cadillac Hearse conversion -------- look in either Classic Cadilac or the RWD (??) Brougham forums.

From what I've been told it's FWD instead of RWD... Though for a hearse, that sounds kinda weird. Idk if it would qualify as a Brougham. My friend told me it's a "Fleetwood DeVille cross" hybrid type thing, lol. I haven't been able to actually see it just yet. Plan on it in the next week or so. I do know it has a 4.5 liter throttle body injection motor if that helps.

cadillac kevin
08-04-13, 11:32 PM
That would be a fwd hearse. And your friend is kind of right that it is a deville/ fleetwood cross, as they are the same car.

orconn
08-04-13, 11:33 PM
Our good friend, Chamus, should be along any time now and more than likely, being a walking encyclopedia of hearsedom, he will be able to answer many of your questions.

77CDV
08-05-13, 07:36 PM
:welcome: Chamus (The-Dullahan) will indeed be able to tell you everything and anything you ever wanted to know about your prospective ride but were afraid to ask. Do post pics when you can. Those funeral coaches, even the smaller fwd models, are starting to grow on me.

Classy Lady
08-06-13, 09:59 AM
This what I will be getting :)

77CDV
08-06-13, 11:03 PM
Very nice! :thumbsup:

talismandave
08-07-13, 01:29 AM
Hi Britt!:welcome5:

We can always use more "Classy Ladies" around here, especially ones who wrench!:thumbsup:
I don't know about the FWD forum, but we just recently got a good one in the RWD forum (Nebulosity). She has been quite an inspiration to me to get working on my car again.

Faith76
08-07-13, 01:37 AM
Well, Miss Lady, you came to the right place! Not only do we have Cadillac drivers and admirers here, but we also have a Cadillac hearse driving contingent! Where about are you from?welcome. I am part of the contingent too!

CTSCHICK
08-07-13, 07:43 AM
Welcome to the site

CadillacLuke24
08-08-13, 03:11 AM
Welcome! :thumbsup: