: new member here, want to buy a CTS

Douglas Rome
08-04-13, 05:38 PM
Hello Caddy friends, my first post, the reason for joining is because I want to buy a 2011 CTS
or a SRX, must be black with low miles, a creampuff, for Linda. I drove a real nice one the other
day at a used car lot, about 20,000+ miles on it, I gave it a good workout. I was gonna buy but the
guy would not budge on his asking price $27995. I offered him $25000 cash, he let me walk. I found
another one up in Milwaukee, sent an email but later I looked closer and it didn't have heated seats,
so that one is off the table too. here's my wish list, must be black no exceptions, and heated seats no exceptions.
but other things can be acceptable. I would like AWD, no sunroof/moonroof, interior color don't matter, low miles
around 20K, navigation would be nice, that's about it. i'll buy the car anywhere, i'll have it shipped if need be.
thanks, douglas

orconn
08-04-13, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the Forums. Hope you find what you are looking for.

thebigjimsho
08-06-13, 12:36 PM
Sometimes I wonder what people think when they haggle over a couple thousand. You leave, you don't find what you want, you may lose out...

Douglas Rome
08-06-13, 04:25 PM
Big Jim, maybe I value a couple thousand more than you do. Mike Ditka said Geo Halas
threw nickels around like they were manhole covers, watch the pennies and the dollars will
take care of themselves. thanks, Douglas

Ranger
08-06-13, 09:57 PM
Welcome Neighbor! :wave:

talismandave
08-07-13, 12:49 AM
:welcome5:

Not to pile on, but I kind of see Jim's point.

Buying a car "anywhere" and "having it shipped" might end up making that the most expensive $2000.00 you ever saved.
If the car isn't right that's another thing then keep looking.
If the car is straight and what you want, I'd say go for it.:noidea:

Either way, good luck and welcome to the gang.:thumbsup:

ben.gators
08-07-13, 02:14 AM
Couple of months ago, when I was shopping for a car, me and the salesman were just $400 apart. It was an Audi A4 (B8). The salseman tried to made me pay the difference, and he was a little assertive. So I walked away! It wasn't just about the money, it was about the principals too!

And today I am really happy that I didn't pay that extra $400! That $400 caused me not to buy that A4, and eventually I ended up with a great deal on a much better car, a Cadillac ATS! :D

Who knows, maybe a better car and a better deal is waiting for you! :)

And by the way, you may want to think about a brand new CTS too! 2013 is the last model year of the CTS and there are very good deals out there! You can buy a brand new base CTS for $30k! There are very good deals on '13 ATS too, just saying! :rolleyes:

Douglas Rome
08-07-13, 06:46 AM
hey Ranger, I go thru Woodstock all the time (slow but better lately)
I think I made a deal on a 2011 CTS base, the car is at Crest Cadillac in Milwaukee. it's the
color I want Black, has 22K miles on it, AWD, no moonfoof good, and the pics look nice. I
accepted their final offer $23,700.00. my condition is they have to deliver it, a 100mi trip.
and of course, my assessment the car is what they say it is. I bit the bullet and will have to
have heated seat installed, but that's okay. but now there's an if on my part, I ran the vin
on carhistory.us.org and found out the car went into service at the same dealership on a lease
on 8-24-10, that's 3yrs ago and that knocks off of the remaining B2B and drivetrain, I was
hoping for another year. the car won't get driven much by Linda, even less than the previous
owner, she puts 5K on per year, I like the AWD for her. Another thing I found out on the report

http://www.crestmotors.com/VehicleDetails/used-2011-Cadillac-CTS_Sedan-3.0L_V6_AWD-Brookfield-WI/2003287803

is the car has been sitting in their inventory since May 25, 2013, if I would have known that before
I accepted I would have negotiated some more money off, over 2 months sitting in a used car lot
is a long time. I'm still waiting for the guy to get back to me, he seems anxious, called me on the
phone 3 times yesterday. I emailed him after hours last night, just got the report this morning. I
will submit this now, and then i'll add a link to the car in a minute. thanks, douglas

I don't know how it ended up right in the middle, but I guess it's okay

CadillacLuke24
08-08-13, 03:09 AM
Get what you want and you will never be disappointed. Sounds like you're closing in on a good car. Good luck and Welcome! :thumbsup:

Douglas Rome
08-08-13, 07:00 AM
Well, the deal is done, I had to give them my credit card for a $1k deposit, was reluctant,
but I can see their point. David, the internet salesman, says they will detail it, Simonize it,
and also make sure everything is A#1. The car's history is a lady leased it from Crest Caddy
3yrs ago, had it serviced there, put about 7k mi per year on it. David said he will provide all
service records. So the bottom line is $23,700 plus I will owe Jesse White $1000 for tax, and
plus I will have to heat the seat, that should cost about $200. David says the oil was changed
2K miles ago and tires were rotated, it should be in the service history. I will have one year left
on the B2B and two years on the drivetrain, hopefully it won't be needed, but also if something
is wrong I will be able to address it. I hope it's as trouble free as my last few GM cars, can't remember
one that had issues and I've owned a lot of them. Oh, and probly one more free oil change on
GM. I like the AWD for Linda and I like the no sunroof, she never uses it anyway, waste of money
on her last three cars. It doesn't have navigation, but I don't think she'd be able to use it, she
will get her OnStar account transferred over, she likes that, easy to use. David keeps calling me
he seems like a nice guy but what used car salesman isn't, I told him that too. David says he will
deliver the car to my house Monday or Tuesday of next week. I suppose all in all, it was pretty
painless. thanks, douglas

CadillacLuke24
08-08-13, 05:30 PM
Congratulations! Let's see the ride!

Douglas Rome
08-09-13, 04:49 PM
i'm kinda wondering what's taking so long, you'd think they'd want to move the metal
as fast as they can. Maybe they're lining up a car to take back to Milw instead of a total
deadhead trip for two guys. Anyway I gotta wait until next week. look at the link above for
photos, better than I can take with my little old camera. thanks, douglas

EChas3
08-10-13, 12:41 AM
Crest's service department treated me well. Good Luck!

And Welcome!

Douglas Rome
08-10-13, 08:06 AM
that's good to hear, although I'm sure I'll never use them. There isn't a Caddy
shop near me, I'll probly use the Chevy dealer here in Elburn. thanks, Douglas

Douglas Rome
08-13-13, 07:54 AM
Hmmmm? David, Crest Caddy internet salesman, never called or emailed me yesterday, a little
bummed about that. He don't sound too interested in moving the metal, now that he has my
$1000. Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money, are you listening Davey? thanks, Douglas

Douglas Rome
08-14-13, 08:21 AM
David musta' been listening, he called yesterday, says he'll be here about noon today. Test drive on some blacktops around home and if all okay write him a check. wish me luck thanks, douglas

Douglas Rome
08-15-13, 08:15 AM
i just changed my profile from none to 2011 CTS sedan. David arrived about noon, took it for a spin.
scared David a bit when I took it up to 100mph, but only for a few seconds. I'm happy and so is Linda,
first Caddy we've ever owned, the American dream? The car is in excellent condition, not a mark on it
and perfect interior, fresh wax job on it. However, it is the base model, so it lacks some of the little things
that Linda had on her Buick, like, memory seat, easy exit seat, heated/cooled seat, garage door opener,
cargo net in trunk. I'm not sure if I want to spend the money on heated seat, about $300, we'll see. Our
son-in-law came over to pick up the little one and he looked at and linda says it's missing a lot of extras to
him. after he left I told her don't apologize for your car, people don't know it's a base model unless you tell
them. Anyway, it's AWD, so I'll feel better this winter when she's out in the snow, don't happen very often.
she usually stays home until the snow is cleared, but you never know. I got all the service records from David,
the lady who owned it did the required service regularly and nothing out of the ordinary. it did have one instance
of emergency towing, not sure what that was about, maybe a flat tire? There's no spare tire, an air compressor
where the spare would go, and no bumper jack, and the battery is in the trunk. We got one year left on the B2B
and two years left on the drivetrain, hope we don't need either one. thanks, douglas

thebigjimsho
08-15-13, 05:14 PM
Congrats!

orconn
08-15-13, 05:40 PM
Congrats on your purchase!