: 2003 Cadillac Escalade air ride to shocks

jakemcc1774
08-04-13, 05:10 PM
ok so im trying to convert my 2003 cadillac escalade from rear air ride to heavy duty shocks and been having a problem with it so i went to 4 wheel parts and asked the guy what i could do and he said that because it weighs so much a shock from them would never work because the truck weighs so much and he said the best bet would be to go to a cadillac dealership and buy the stock shocks because they are big enough to hold the weight without sag so im just wondering if anybody knows another way beacuse ive seen escalades with tons of audio equipment in the back and no sag so please let me know if you know a better way

the cadillac man
08-04-13, 06:12 PM
ok so im trying to convert my 2003 cadillac escalade from rear air ride to heavy duty shocks and been having a problem with it so i went to 4 wheel parts and asked the guy what i could do and he said that because it weighs so much a shock from them would never work because the truck weighs so much and he said the best bet would be to go to a cadillac dealership and buy the stock shocks because they are big enough to hold the weight without sag so im just wondering if anybody knows another way beacuse ive seen escalades with tons of audio equipment in the back and no sag so please let me know if you know a better way

I have factory shocks and no sag
Arnott industries has rebulit oem shocks for a good price

BDuncan
08-04-13, 08:28 PM
It's really not hard to understand - ARNOTT does not rebuild OEM shocks - they clean and paint old worn out shocks sent in by other owners and sell them with a new air bag. Not rebuilt in any way which can't be done with OEM type shocks.

the cadillac man
08-04-13, 09:33 PM
It's really not hard to understand - ARNOTT does not rebuild OEM shocks - they clean and paint old worn out shocks sent in by other owners and sell them with a new air bag. Not rebuilt in any way which can't be done with OEM type shocks.

I know but the ride is the same as it was before my old ones went bad and I have the arnott oem shocks

mikedyk43
08-05-13, 03:18 AM
Shocks do not hold the weight, the springs do. The shocks absorb the bumps while driving. The stock shocks are "active " which means they are electronically controlled by the CPU to adjust the dampening depending on driving conditions. They additionally have built-in air bags to lift the rear if you add extra weight. If you were to replace them with generic shocks, you would lose the active dampening feature as well as the auto level (airbag) feature.

jakemcc1774
08-05-13, 08:46 PM
Shocks do not hold the weight, the springs do. The shocks absorb the bumps while driving. The stock shocks are "active " which means they are electronically controlled by the CPU to adjust the dampening depending on driving conditions. They additionally have built-in air bags to lift the rear if you add extra weight. If you were to replace them with generic shocks, you would lose the active dampening feature as well as the auto level (airbag) feature.

So what kind of springs should i switch to for more weight about 200-300 pounds daily of audio equipment not including ppl heard tahoe springs will fit any others?

mikedyk43
08-05-13, 08:56 PM
So what kind of springs should i switch to for more weight about 200-300 pounds daily of audio equipment not including ppl heard tahoe springs will fit any others?
I have read that the Tahoe 4x4 rear springs give you an inch or two of lift. Or you could simply get lift blocks and keep the stock springs. My recommendation would be to get aftermarket airbags and connect them to the auto-level already on the truck. They have the helper bags that go inside of the coils of the stock springs, those would probably work great for what you want.

the cadillac man
08-05-13, 11:00 PM
I have read that the Tahoe 4x4 rear springs give you an inch or two of lift. Or you could simply get lift blocks and keep the stock springs. My recommendation would be to get afermarket airbags and connect them to the auto-level already on the truck. They have the helper bags that go inside of the coils of the stock springs, those would probably work great for what you want.

I agree the helper bags would help with extra load

Submariner409
08-06-13, 11:33 AM
jake, I suggest that you contact Admin concerning a username change - You have flagged the Rules and Guidelines filter.

jakemcc1774
08-06-13, 05:05 PM
jake, I suggest that you contact Admin concerning a username change - You have flagged the Rules and Guidelines filter.

I just did now