: Need Help 1993 Caddilac Brougham,need To Put Starter In!!!

buners
03-12-05, 11:02 PM
PLEASE ANY CAN U TELL ME, IF IT HAS TO BE REMOVED THREW BOTTOM OF CAR OR UP THROUGH TOP ????I GOT THE STARTER, BEFORE EVEN GETTING TO THE STARTER UNDER THE CAR, THERE WAS A CROSS BAR TOO REMOVE, WITH BOLTS AT 1-INCH, I THINK THAT BAR IS MORE A SAFTY ISSUE OR BETTER STERING, WHICHEVER, GOT THAT OFF, GOT TO THE STARTER, CAN'T GET IT TOO FALL OUT, PULL OUT. AM I MISSING SOMETHING ELSE TO UNBOLT I SEE NOTHING, THATS WHY I'M ASKING DOES THE 1993 STARTERS COME OUT THREW THE TOP? AND IS THERE ANY SITES I CAN GOE TO , TOO PRINT OUT STEP BY STEP, OR SOMETING OF THAT NATURE, PICTURES AND PARAGRAPHS????????????????????????????????SOMEONE HELP THIS LADY OUT!!1 I'M BRAND NEW TOO YOUR WEBSITE JUS JOIN TODAY!!!1

Adumb
03-13-05, 10:04 AM
go to the public library by where you live. they should have books on your car there. also, what i would do, is look over the entire thing and see if you can see anything visible that may be holding it on still. welcome to the forum :)

Adumb
03-13-05, 11:45 AM
also, if you have a new starter already, you can check on the new one to see how it is held on, to see if you skipped over a screw or something,

Katshot
03-13-05, 12:17 PM
It comes out the bottom.

CADDYBLACK99
03-13-05, 03:20 PM
Welcome buners!

I see some of the folks here have been able to help. Let us know how thing worked out. Thanks for joining the forum!
:welcome:
Paul

ocjmakaveli
03-14-05, 03:01 AM
although it looks like your having a rough day with the car try not TO TYPE IN CAPS it's very annoying.

you have to remove some bolts first did you remove them?