: How to lose the red Brembos?

GringoEd
08-04-13, 10:38 AM
I would like to have my Brembo Brakes redone so they don't stand out from the rest of the car. Has anyone done this and how did you proceed? Even silver colored like Mercedes uses would be better for me than than Red. Thanks for any suggestions.

ptrd
08-04-13, 11:33 AM
How about we trade calipers? That would be the easiest, I bet there would be several people willing to trade in the area.

GringoEd
08-04-13, 12:13 PM
Great idea, but just no mechanical ability on my end. Sorry I can't participate.

Trapspeed
08-04-13, 01:35 PM
If they are the factory red calipers and not painted silver ones I'm sure there is someone here who would make swapping worth your while.

Random84
08-04-13, 05:20 PM
Post your zip code, give it a few weeks and someone will GLADLY drive to your house, swap calipers and flush your brake fluid for you in your own driveway. Just give them an afternoon... it's roughly a $500 swap to have yours repainted PLUS the downtime of shipping, the actual powder coating/painting, getting them shipped back and PLUS whatever it costs you to pay a local shop to do the swap for you (probably another $3-400).

So, find someone local who's handy and willing, or burn through close to a grand and God-knows-how-long to change the color.

ETA: The RED calipers are generally considered the most desirable factory color (relative to silver or yellow), so you're definitely in the minority for wanting to change - you'll probably get a few PM's shortly from guys willing to help you out.

Moparman4444
08-05-13, 07:05 PM
Personally I love the red calipers. My stock silver ones blended in like you wanted. I thought the car needed some more pop so I picked up some "G2" paint and applied it in less than 1 hour after the wheels were removed. It has been 3 months now since being painted and they still look brand new. Much shiner that the original power coating.

You could get your painted to match your car if you wanted with G2 paint. I give the product a STRONG Thumbs up for quality and ease of application. Total cost less than $50.00 What a deal. Much less than the $600 the factory wanted for Red Calipers.

dmr_in_il
08-10-13, 04:29 PM
Personally I love the red calipers. My stock silver ones blended in like you wanted. I thought the car needed some more pop so I picked up some "G2" paint and applied it in less than 1 hour after the wheels were removed. It has been 3 months now since being painted and they still look brand new. Much shiner that the original power coating.

You could get your painted to match your car if you wanted with G2 paint. I give the product a STRONG Thumbs up for quality and ease of application. Total cost less than $50.00 What a deal. Much less than the $600 the factory wanted for Red Calipers.

Moparman, got pics?

Moparman4444
08-11-13, 04:25 AM
here is the link where I talked about the paint before.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-2013-cadillac-cts-v-performance/287695-fresh-red-painted-calipers-brembo-decal.html?highlight=red

I can't recommend the paint any higher. It has stood up way better than expected and is super smooth and shiny. Just love it