: New logo coming?

bwv565
08-04-13, 09:20 AM
There is an article on Yahoo Autos Canada today says that there is a new logo coming soon that will be unveiled at a Golf Tournament mid August and introduced for 2015 line-up.

Wondering if someone here might have some inside info on what it looks like or seen any secret pics?

http://ca.autos.yahoo.com/news/cadillac-sheds-old-logo-153256696.html

Submariner409
08-04-13, 09:30 AM
Might be some info here ............. (moved to the Lounge for more exposure.)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-2013-cadillac-cts-v-general/334074-new-cadillac-emblem.html

77CDV
08-05-13, 06:43 PM
I'll wait to see it before I opine.

talismandave
08-05-13, 11:35 PM
...I won't.

Cadillac must be afraid that there were still a couple of old buyers out there they hadn't alienated yet and decided to correct that by removing the wreath from the crest.

Either that, or they are hoping to attract the deceased buyers from the 40's and 50's?
"Cadillac, the Official Car of the Zombie Apocalypse"

Hoosier Daddy
08-06-13, 12:18 AM
Cadillac must be afraid that there were still a couple of old buyers out there they hadn't alienated yet and decided to correct that by removing the wreath from the crest.
What, you don't think "nothing and crest" has that certain je ne sais quoi?

CTSCHICK
08-06-13, 12:22 AM
It doesnt seem to fit in with their new design's, The notched out aluminum trim to compensate for the emblem that looks like an after thought looks horrible IMO
It is probably based on feedback just because of this picture.

I like the old V and or crown logo but hope they don't go generic with a Circular or Oval Emblem like all of the rest of the car companies.

http://i40.tinypic.com/344pcu0.jpg

talismandave
08-06-13, 12:32 AM
Yeah, because making a smaller one would never solve that....:hmm:

CTSCHICK
08-06-13, 12:44 AM
Sorry guys even though I grew up with my grandmother only owning Cadillac's the Wreath/Laurel had nothing to do with my purchase.
I wanted something Aggressive and sexy looking made in the lower 48 states that wasn't a re-badge or re-skin of another GM car that was cheaper to justify the higher asking price.

Now all they have to do is get the horrible dealership experience straightened out and they might rise to what they once may have been.
Other than that it looks like typical GM running from their past by changing car names, dropping their stupid badges of excellence on all vehicles to erase any past stigma with future buyers.

70eldo
08-06-13, 03:53 AM
Funny true story:
When the local multi-brand dealer in Hamburg converted to an official Cadillac dealer in 2003 they also had a corner in their service shop converted with Cadillac logos for the service manager's desk. Only they inverted the wreath around the crest so it was upside down. I was laughing so hard and felt sorry for the service manager who was so ashamed having that big logo on the wall behind his desk.

Anyway, as I posted at GMINSIDENEWS.com where more people seem to be flipping out over these change plans, I think they should've dropped the wreath in 2000 when they went A&S. I hope to see a more wide crest like in the 50's, stylized and maybe with a stylized crown again. Indeed not a round shaped logo.