: Cadillac 2008

katamarie69
08-03-13, 10:52 PM
Just bought this car, all was fine for 3 weeks took it to dealer to have a trim piece put in place correctly and now I'm having crazy issues with the car! I only drove it 3 mikes from dealer and the check engine light came on, service stability came on, ABS light, break light and it has been back 3 times and they can't figure out what is causing this issue. They requested a manager drive my car back and forth to his home for a few days (I prefer not to do this) once on my way back from traveling the car shut itself down.. I've had tons of codes show up but the cadillac dealer can't seem to figure it out! While out of town it went crazy again and another cadillac dealer said they had no clue... If anybody has experienced this and have any answers I would appreciate a response...

Tbbt
08-04-13, 11:07 AM
Sounds like it's a throttle body issue. I had the exact same lights come on and that was the fix. Replaced the TB and all was OK.

Good Luck, Marv

katamarie69
08-04-13, 05:23 PM
Thank you! He said well maybe if we replace the EBCM it might work.. I asked how much that would cost and it averaged 1,300 - 1,500. I have the power train warranty, but I really don't know much about a
vehicle when it comes to that kind-of stuff. Thank you I will suggest this to the dealership in the morning.

Tbbt
08-04-13, 06:57 PM
Good Luck!

The throttle body is about a $400 repair (just FYI), mine was replaced under warranty, so I don't know the 'real' price.
Make sure you let us know the outcome.

Marv

katamarie69
08-04-13, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the info, I will post the outcome once it's found... Hopefully if anyone else is having this issue it may help them :) thanks again!