: Which Shocks? Coil Overs? Best Kit?

Johnson
08-03-13, 04:58 PM
I currently have factory shocks with H&R lowerings springs/MM Spacers, I would like to change my shocks to improve ride quality, as well the H&R springs are too low now when on my 20" wheels, so I would like to go with a full coil over setup to set the lowest possible without rubbing the fenders, which is the best kit out there? Thanks

FuzzyLogic
08-03-13, 05:21 PM
If your goal is to inprove ride quality and performance, you should probably start by getting rid of the 20" wheels. Then it's merely a matter of choosing between KW Variant 3's ($2600 MSRP) and something more race worthy (e.g. LG Motorsports Penske coilover setup).

Johnson
08-03-13, 05:58 PM
I have the 18's as well still, I drag race on the 18's and street drive on the 20's, not necessarily needing a race setup but something to improve and replace old shocks that aren't working as they should anymore and the H&R springs have settled too much(4yrs/100,000km), they were fine for clearance originally. Thanks for the feedback

liqidvenom
08-03-13, 06:53 PM
I would say you keep your 20's and find a set of coil overs. If getting a race type setup is not for you, i would suggest maybe the d2 setup which i remember a member drive with here for years with his 19/20's. Or maybe the kw's for more money.

liqidvenom
08-03-13, 08:05 PM
http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-classifieds/1664006-d2-coilovers-h-r-lowering-springs.html