: Best Talk Radio Hosts?

Playdrv4me
03-12-05, 02:41 AM
I have found myself recently enthralled with Talk Radio. I listen to it more than music nowadays. I really enjoy Sean Hannity, Michael Savage (though I can only take him in small doses), Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, Jim Rome for sports and talk and Coast to Coast AM at night to name a few. Surprisingly, its not so much because of a conservative or liberal view, so much as I just like to hear a good solid debate, and the above are some of the best debators around, though I do tend to lean more conservative than liberal. One footnote, I absolutely can not stand Rush for some reason, man what a pompass a$$. He really seems full of himself and I never hear any really good caller/host debates on his show.

Anyone else listen to talk radio?

illumina
03-12-05, 02:50 AM
I still get Howard Stern around here. I like what he has.

I also agree that radio music sucks and I prefer either local talk radio or hearing my 4.9 purr while cruising.

tru504187211
03-12-05, 02:58 AM
Mark Belling on WISN in Milwaukee is pretty straightforward...that is when I actually listen to AM radio.

Playdrv4me
03-12-05, 03:02 AM
Yup, I like Stern too.

Ralph
03-12-05, 03:44 AM
Art Bell, George Noorey for sure!! I'm not sure if Art Bell is still around as much though, I know he had some bad back problems a few years ago and missed a lot of "Coast To Coast."

Then there was a woman on the show who was really good too.

Geez Ian, I haven't checked in a while, but do you know if you can listen to CTC on the net off the website?

danbuc
03-12-05, 03:45 AM
Howard stern, and those two guy Curtis and Cooby (or however you spell their names). I rarely listen to either of them anymore, since the stations her in PA suck, but every time I turn them on, there's always some rediculous discussion about something stupid....just what I like to hear. :D To be honest, I have actually listen to broadcasted staion other that NOAA Weather station number 2, in about 4 months. There's just to many damn commercials. That's why I listen to my Lewis Black, and George Carlin CD's...hehe :thumbsup:

davesdeville
03-12-05, 05:20 AM
Art bell is a crazy guy. Pretty much all talk radio hosts seem full of themselves to me, I'm glad I have FM radio (which still sucks) even when I forget to bring my CDs.

You want 2 CDs? (Sorry I had to do it.)

Jesda
03-12-05, 06:35 AM
I recently discovered Opie and Anthony on XM. Those guys are a riot!
I also love Laura Ingraham.

I need to get back on the air. I miss talk radio.

Katshot
03-12-05, 07:15 AM
Once a week, I'm stuck listening to RIGHT-WING RADIO while driving to and from our Delaware plant (about an hour and a half each way). My father-in-law loves that crap. Sometimes, there's actually a nugget or two of decent info, but usually it's just solid liberal-bashing over and over. If I'm in my office, I usually enjoy Carton and Rossi on NJ 101.5 from 2pm to 7pm. Other than that, I don't listen to radio. Usually either pop in a CD or just listen to my engine/exhaust music.

HITMONEY
03-12-05, 08:23 AM
i have to listen to Glenn Beck every morning or I go on tilt for the rest of the day. Glenn has me in stitches every morning.

I also like Todd Schnitt, The Schnitt Show, he is halarious.

:p

HotRodSaint
03-12-05, 10:56 AM
One footnote, I absolutely can not stand Rush for some reason, man what a pompass a$$.

My brother likes to say that he doesn't listen to Rush anymore because he's already graduated from the EIB Institute.

I don't listen to him, for your reasons. But I probably did get the full EIB education as well (I didn't really need Sarcasm 101.).

I almost feel the same about Bill O'Riley. Although his radio show is much better than his TV show.

Locally, Larry Elder (Black libretarian - KABC) and Al Rantel (Gay conservative - KFI) are my favorites. I also like Dennis Prager (Jewish conservative - KRLA).

John and Ken (East Coast a-political transplants - KFI) like to get all of the local politicians riled up about our out of control immigration policy. But they can get too focused on single issues, like the Micheal Jackson trial.

Mr. KABC is one funny liberal, who's show is all about the callers questions, which makes it kinda whacky.

I like the computer guy on KABC on the weekends too.

evilrussian
03-12-05, 11:12 AM
I don't care what you all say about Rush, he is one of the best out there, he really knows his stuff. Although I DON'T agree with EVERETHING he says.

Also Glenn Beck, Todd Schnitt, Lionel, Phil Hendrie (sometimes), Art Bell, Bob Brinker, Cigar Dave, Matt Drudge... to name a few, in no particular order.

El Dobro
03-12-05, 11:23 AM
I listen to Jim Gearhart on the way into work, Rush during my lunch time and Carton & Rossi on the way home.

slk230mb
03-12-05, 12:41 PM
If I have to listen to talk radio, its sports. Mike and The Mad Dog for me.

sgilbert
03-12-05, 01:03 PM
Definately Art Bell. He's on only Sat & Sun nites.

Best---all time---was Bob Collins of WGN Chicago. Tragically he was killed in a plane accident 5-6 years ago.

CoupeDevilleRob
03-12-05, 01:27 PM
I used to love Opie and Anthony, but then they told people to have sex in St. Patrick's Cathedral and that ended that. Stern is OK, I can only tolerate him in moderation. Mike and the Mad Dog are cool, even though I'm not that into sports I love how pissed off they get sometimes. This guy I work with is obsessed with Bob Grant, I mean to the point where its a little creepy. Grant is cool but he tends to be kind of a grumpy old conservative guy.

airbalancer
03-12-05, 01:33 PM
I hate talk radio 95% of the time.
Jim Rome is the worest, for sport talk.
The station in Rocherster NY, has a classic station with no DJ's in the morning.And that is great

Playdrv4me
03-12-05, 02:12 PM
Man I did forget a few didnt I!! Larry Elder, Matt Drudge, Cigar Dave, Phil Hendrie... Ive heard them all at some point and time, and I liked all of them. I have to figure out where to listen to that Al Rantel guy, that sounds like a fun show!

HotRodSaint
03-12-05, 02:25 PM
Once a week, I'm stuck listening to RIGHT-WING RADIO while driving to and from our Delaware plant (about an hour and a half each way). My father-in-law loves that crap. Sometimes, there's actually a nugget or two of decent info, but usually it's just solid liberal-bashing over and over.

Your reply is a perfect example of what's wrong in this country. You so arrogantly cast blame on right-wingers for bashing liberals. You and your like-minded liberals couldn't possibly shoulder any of the blame for bashing right-wingers huh?

(Don't worry folks, that wasn't a flame. They were his words to me from yesterday. I re-worded them slightly for his personal enjoyment as well as mine.)

kmhebert
03-12-05, 02:45 PM
I think Howard Stern is the best, I am planning on installing a Sirius satellite radio setup in my Brougham when he makes the switch. Hey, is that hard to do?

Playdrv4me
03-12-05, 03:33 PM
Nope, pretty easy depending on what setup you go with. You can get either a fully self contained unit which broadcasts "over the air" on an FM station in your car, but that you can also remove from the car. Or you can go more professional and get a car specific kit that interfaces with your antenna wire into the radio, and works basically the same way, but is a little more solid and more permanent. Replacing the stock radio with a headunit that provides Sirius compatibility is of course the cleanest and best sounding solution, but for Talk radio, an FM broadcasting system should be more than acceptable.

I also like the Truckin Bozo radio network with Dale Summers, lots of good talk and useful info when youre out on the highway.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
03-12-05, 04:20 PM
I really enjoy don and mike in dc and i also like randy rhodes if im ever listening to air america....although i try not to listen too often

RBraczyk
03-12-05, 04:26 PM
I have XM right now and trying to worm O&A out of my stepdad but if XM buys out SIRIUS then I hope I'll get howard too.

Oh yea, Howard is the best evar!!!

Getting sirius set up in the Brougham shouldnt be a problem.

RBraczyk
03-12-05, 04:27 PM
Ehh, stay away from the signal interceptors that plug into your cd player or reciever so that you can broacast through a radio station. Unless you know how to resoldier them and change the cords then they dont' work well at all. Get it hardwired

GNSCOTT
03-12-05, 09:39 PM
Howard rules talk radio. He is the BEST interviewer out there. Every guest says the same thing. howard has a way of getting you to tell things about yourself that you wouldn't tell your closest friends.

As for Rush, it has been proven time and time again that he just makes up his own statistics. he was much better before he was invitied to the Whitehouse by George H Bush. After that he was in the Republican's pockets 100%. Before that he was still a heavy right winger, but he would point out the stupidity of anyone no matter what their party was. He also used to talk about jailing all drug additcs and how pitiful they were and they shouldn't get a second chance because they made the decision in the forst place. What a hippocrite. All the political shows now are a joke and can find no wrong in their party, when every middle class taxpayer knows they are all scumbags.

RBraczyk
03-12-05, 09:50 PM
Rush is a racist pig. This is well known.

tsmale
03-13-05, 12:44 AM
If you listen really close,you can hear Rush's head swelling in the background.

Playdrv4me
03-13-05, 05:13 AM
Yea the other day, he did a segment where he pretended he was his duplicate but Al-Qaida believing rival on "Kandahar's EIJ Network". It wasnt funny, it wasnt remotely funny, he did not even try to make the guy sound arab, and even then, it probably had racist overtones to it. I pretty much had it with him after that..

HotRodSaint
03-13-05, 10:55 AM
Rush is a racist pig. This is well known.

You've made racists remarks a few times in this forum, and no one has labeled you a racist pig.

All that is well known, is that Rush has been accused of being a racist by those who don't agree with his politics.

But does accusing someone of racism make them a racist? Or does that make the accuser a race baiter?

This is the problem with politics today. There's too many people focused on destroying peoples reputations, instead of fixing our country.

RBraczyk
03-13-05, 03:39 PM
You've made racists remarks a few times in this forum, and no one has labeled you a racist pig.

All that is well known, is that Rush has been accused of being a racist by those who don't agree with his politics.

But does accusing someone of racism make them a racist? Or does that make the accuser a race baiter?

This is the problem with politics today. There's too many people focused on destroying peoples reputations, instead of fixing our country.

I have made one racist remark on this forum. Rush continously (sp) does.

I agree with your last sentence, but alas, this is a topic on Radio hosts, and Howard gets trampled on all the time. So Rush is fair game.

Imprl59
03-13-05, 09:12 PM
I have XM right now and trying to worm O&A out of my stepdad but if XM buys out SIRIUS then I hope I'll get howard too.

XM has programming changes coming up on April 2. Opie and Anthony will become part of the regular service and no longer an additional charge item. They are going up on the rates but making XM online free and Opie & Anthony free.

I got the unit for real radio out of Orlando (152) but they have all but dropped them now. What do you think of the service overall? I really don't find any channels that I like as much as the stuff I can get off local broadcast.

Steve B.

RBraczyk
03-13-05, 09:15 PM
If your into alternative rock, Squizz is awesome. You are right though. I also go to the rhyme because I love old school hip hop. Its all what you like.

Dead Sled
03-13-05, 09:31 PM
G. Gordon Liddy
drudge
laura ingram
glen beck
michael reagan
dale somers "the truckin bozo"
steve somers
dave nemo
dr laura
bill mack
michael savage but he ran his mouth bashing XM and "resigned"

Playdrv4me
03-13-05, 09:56 PM
Dude, im tellin ya. Michael Savage does not tow the line for AAANNNYYYONE. That is one thing he says and one thing I believe. Hes quick to point out the fallacies of the Bush administration and just about anyone else that crosses his path, I have to give him some respect for that. Hes just so damn edgy and mean sounding sometimes I can only stomach him for so long.

bbozsik
03-14-05, 02:28 AM
Wait... nobody here listens to Air America (!)

evilrussian
03-14-05, 04:34 PM
I gave a shot to Air America, tried a few times to listen to Ed Shults, Al Franken, Randy Rhodes, Janine Garafalo and the rest of the aggressives (progressives they call themselves :) ) But they are all so pessimistic and negative so I started getting depressed from time to time, so I had to stop. And I have yet to hear ANY of them let the caller on who didn't agree with them.