: X-pipe question

08-03-13, 09:47 AM
So some of you know I have been thinking about doing some exhaust changes on the car like getting high flow cats and moving further downstream. Now I am also kicking around the idea of taking out the corsa resonator and putting in an x-pipe. The corsa res has been beat up a bit but wondering about sound and flow?

So what are the thoughts of you guys out there? I don't mind some more sound and tone but will still have the kids in the car too!

08-03-13, 12:38 PM
I removed my corsa resonator and put a x pipe in best thing i did
Mines obviously louder than a v with just a corsa cat back but there is still no drone and very quiet during cruising speeds
I even find my self opening widows and sun roof while I drive to listen to the sweet sound of corsa with long tubes

08-03-13, 01:28 PM
That is great news! Which one did you use? Make me want to do it yesterday! Never enough money to go around! I also see that with that cam and headers you will be making quite a bit of sound too! I will be doing the cam when she is all paid off in a bit but not quite that big. Thinking about doing the Texas Speed cams of about 220/224 or maybe as big as the 224/228 they offer. I stil want it somewhat quite for the sleeper effect and might go with a Maggie someday too!

08-03-13, 10:19 PM
I just had my local exhaust shop put a universal magnaflow x pipe in they used a 14 inch and added extensions to meet up to the corsa pipes
They charged me 250 I believe
Best thing about it was it eliminated the corsa rattle that I was having issuies with
After a few warranty resonators I figured f it and go with a x pipe

08-04-13, 12:20 AM
I think I decided to do the same thing today after looking at everything. I think I could do the x pipe and extensions myself with clamps since they are straight and save a little on installation. Thanks for the imput on my question!

Yours sounds nice to with all the other mods too!

08-04-13, 02:37 AM
I'm not sure if they make clamp on x-pipes. And I wouldn't hassle with so many clamps. You can get it welded up fairly cheep... I already had a x pipe laying around and my muffler shop only charged me $50 to weld it on with the extensions.

Bring the muffler guys a 12 pack and they should cut you a break on the price.

08-04-13, 09:07 AM
Exhaust guys just stretched the extensions to slide over the corsa pipes then clamped it
They whole exhaust system is clamped from corsa so what's the harm in 2 more clamps?
Also clamps make it a breeze when pullin the exhaust apart when working on car

08-04-13, 10:52 AM
That was my thought too! With the clamps I already have from corsa picking up two more is not going to be a problem. Didn't think about the ease of taking it apart for working on things later but that is a good point!

08-05-13, 01:49 AM
I have Corsa and did the x-pipe. Since I wanted similar quality I bought this one and had it welded on...very high quality to match the Corsa:

08-05-13, 04:18 AM
I guess there's no harm in having 6 clamps in less than a two foot section of exhaust. I just prefer to get my exhaust stuff welded. I've probably made over 20 exhaust modifications over the years to my different vehicles and it pays to know a good muffler/mechanic shop.

08-05-13, 02:37 PM

What did you think of the sound change and tone difference after you did this? And do you have any other mods on it too?

08-06-13, 04:01 AM

The car sounds great! More rumble to the exhaust note but still refined. Sorry I don't have a sound clip. Only mods to the exhaust are corsa cat back and the xpipe. Lots of other mods....Bilstein coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Creative Steel 8.8 kit, CCW wheels, and more.

08-08-13, 03:42 PM
I like mine. I have a B&B x pipe to flow masters. Real Good throaty sound.