: Star Wars...

illumina
03-11-05, 07:19 PM
Is anyone here a Star Wars fan like I am?

Just wondering if anyone has seen the new trailer that came out yesterday. It looks like Episode III will be better than every movie combined.

Any thoughts?

BTW, if you're not a Star Wars fan, it is OK...I still consider you to be a decent human being...Though not as awesome as me :D

Ralph
03-11-05, 07:22 PM
Saw all of the originals at the movie theatre. Still have Star Wars bed sheets, posters and sold all my Star Wars figures, and X-Wing large and minnatures, to a collector a few years ago.

I haven't seen any of the new ones even from a couple of years ago because I'm wierd, I want to remember the originals unaltered.

illumina
03-11-05, 07:27 PM
Saw all of the originals at the movie theatre. Still have Star Wars bed sheets, posters and sold all my Star Wars figures, and X-Wing large and minnatures, to a collector a few years ago.

I haven't seen any of the new ones even from a couple of years ago because I'm wierd, I want to remember the originals unaltered.

The newer movies are still good though. Episode III is the rise of Darth Vader. It is something you should go and see. I know I'll be there.

danbuc
03-11-05, 07:28 PM
Hells yeah.... although I do consider myself to be more of a Trecky...hehe.

kmhebert
03-11-05, 11:21 PM
I definitely consider the prequels "worth a watch" but the dialogue is definitely awful. The originals had their share of terrible dialogue ("scruffy looking nerfherder" etc.) but the new prequels seem too much like modern times set in a galaxy far, far away than actually being in that galaxy. That being said, I will definitely see Episode III as soon as possible. What can I say, I love Chewbacca.

illumina
03-12-05, 12:55 AM
I definitely consider the prequels "worth a watch" but the dialogue is definitely awful. The originals had their share of terrible dialogue ("scruffy looking nerfherder" etc.) but the new prequels seem too much like modern times set in a galaxy far, far away than actually being in that galaxy. That being said, I will definitely see Episode III as soon as possible. What can I say, I love Chewbacca.

I just want to see Anakin kill the younglings...That should be funny...

As far as the dialogue, there is always room for improvement. Hell, in the first series, Han Solo made the comment "ain't like dusting crops kid" and Leia made the comment "would it help if I got out and pushed?" These comments are of course reffering to good old planetary action here on Earth...But I don't care, they're still excellent movies.

BTW, I would pay to see Anakin kill Jar Jar Binks too...

davesdeville
03-12-05, 04:26 AM
I saw the old ones when they got digitally remastered or whatever in the 90s. I haven't seen any of the new ones. I thought I might wait until they hit the dollar theater, but it was way too packed when I went so I left.

CoupeDevilleRob
03-12-05, 12:20 PM
I thought Episode 1 sucked. You could have explained all that back story in about 20 minutes without Jar Jar Binks and that dumb pod racing sequence. BTW, I would love to see Jar Jar get impaled on a lightsaber. Episode 2 was alright, it was no Empire Strikes Back but it was fun to watch. Episode 3 is gonna kick ass though, I've been saying that since 2. It has to connect the originals to the prequels and will answer a lot of questions. And from what I hear it will have what the other two didn't, which is probably why they aren't that great, Chewbacca.

ben72227
03-12-05, 06:17 PM
yeah if im not mistaken, this one, besides having the rise of darth vader, will have chewbaca escape from the slave plantation/mine/ whatever and go off and fight against the evil empire.

jmoser
03-12-05, 06:46 PM
there is a site that i can't find any more now, but it had frames from the actual movie and it kinda gave away some of the story. a couple of the guys were really disapointed after seeing it, but i am more excited than ever now. has anyone else seen this site? some of the frames hadtext written in french. a guy here was able to decipher it for me:thumbsup:

jmoser
03-12-05, 06:54 PM
hey what is you favorite "cheesy" line? mine is in episode IV, when the storm trooper are looking for c3po and r2d2. one of the troopers pops up in the desert and says" look sir. . . DROIDS!" that line makes me crack up everytime. it would be funny as hell to see jar-jar impaled or blown away:Poke: :hitstick: :gun2: :gun: :brutal: :kick: :blasted: :deadhorse
sorry, i have been dying to find a way to use those! hehehe

BeelzeBob
03-13-05, 04:31 AM
I saw all the originals in the movie theater. Ralph, the new ones wont hurt your views of the old ones. They're entirely different because they're not the same story. As I'm sure you know, the originals were parts 4, 5 and 6.. These are parts 1, 2 and 3.. What made this new ones silly, though, are that they became love stories.. That's not what I want to see in a Star Wars movie. I think part 3 will be very good because it's going to be the last one and it has to connect all the parts together. I think it'll be pretty good. The best out of the first three... Let's see...

Ralph
03-13-05, 04:38 AM
I saw all the originals in the movie theater. Ralph, the new ones wont hurt your views of the old ones. They're entirely different because they're not the same story. As I'm sure you know, the originals were parts 4, 5 and 6.. These are parts 1, 2 and 3.. What made this new ones silly, though, are that they became love stories.. That's not what I want to see in a Star Wars movie. I think part 3 will be very good because it's going to be the last one and it has to connect all the parts together. I think it'll be pretty good. The best out of the first three... Let's see...

Thanks. I'm sure if they are ever on tv I'll probably check them out. I just know that the first ones after the originals were basically the same movie (?) but with added or digitally enhanced footage. That's what I don't care to see because being a kid in the 1970's, the originals were more than amazing to me back then. I bet if I saw them again, I wouldn't even like them because those special effects are common now.

Immediately after Star Wars, I loved shows like Battlestar Gallactica and Buck Rogers that basically used the special effects George Lucan pioneered.