: 100 mile round trip...

illumina
03-11-05, 06:32 PM
...For nothing!

Ok, I have been looking for a bumper face for my car so that I could get her to look good again after my accident. So I found one for a decnet price at a bone yard about 50 miles from where I live at now. Before I waste my gas (seen gas prices lately?) I decided to give them a call to make sure of the following:

a.) Do they sill have it? (To which they answered yes).
b.) Will it be ready by the time I arrive to pick the part up? (To which they answered yes).
c.) Is it the right part? (To which they answered yes).

One of the answers are wrong (b), but I have to go there to actually find this out. I get to this place (after a 15 mile "got lost" detour) only to find that the bumper is a.) not pulled, and b.) they want me to come back tomorrow and it will be pulled.

So I asked them: "You want me to take another 30 dollars and take another 100 mile round trip to come back and get a part that YOU SAID WAS READY?!?"

To which they replied: "Yes. We're very sorry about this, we just don't have the time to pull it today."

Needless to say that had no other customers for miles (this place is in the boonies). And they place was due to be closed for not another three hours.

After this, I simply told them this "Thanks for wasting my time and gas, asshats."

As you can imagine, I was little pissed.

There are a few places in town where I live that have what I'm looking for, but between the cost in gas and the price for the other bumper in village X, I would have saved about 20 dollars...Now I'm going to pick up the one that is closer, though more expensive, because by the time I drive another 100 + miles, I will have exceeded the cost of the one that is closer...:helpless:

Ralph
03-11-05, 07:05 PM
Good riddance to them! That's not how you treat customers. I agree, look for one closer! They should have offered to pay for the gas if you were going to go back the next day!

illumina
03-11-05, 07:25 PM
Good riddance to them! That's not how you treat customers. I agree, look for one closer! They should have offered to pay for the gas if you were going to go back the next day!

Yeah, had they offered to even lower the price of the part to make up for their mistake, I would have considered going back tomorrow: it was a sure bet that they had by business.

But because of school and work, today was the only real time I've had in a while to make that sort of trip. Tomorrow, I have to meet some classmates for a finals project due Monday. By the time I'll be through with that, the yard will be closed and who knows when I'll be able to go there next...Just a big headache if you ask me.

The other place here in town has one, though more expensive. I'll have to get up early to pick the part up, but it shouldn't be a hassle like the other place was.