: Tip: Broken heat = working heat

carguy16
03-11-05, 02:58 PM
Well, I didnt have any heat, but if you turn the fan on low while the heats on, the heat pours out. If you turn the fan on high the heat goes away, because I guess the coolant cant flow fast enough and cools down.

So, now I have heat, just takes some time to work.

caddydaddy
03-11-05, 03:12 PM
hmm....that doesn't sound right! There's plenty of heat to heat up the inside of the car when the fan is on high!
My old Volvo 240 with a 4 cylinder would crank heat like crazy, not matter the temp was outside or what the fan speed was at. There's something not right in your heating system. Could be the heater core is getting a little plugged up???

evilrussian
03-11-05, 03:36 PM
I don't know about your Fleet, but most of the heat systems don't blow hot air out of the central vents anyway. Side and bottom vent flaps open up once the engine temp is up and you should have heat then.

Adam
03-11-05, 04:59 PM
I don't know about your Fleet, but most of the heat systems don't blow hot air out of the central vents anyway. Side and bottom vent flaps open up once the engine temp is up and you should have heat then.

thats how mine is. i thought something was wrong but the guy in parts at the dealership said that is how it is supposed to work. he seemed like he was in a hurry though.

carguy16
03-11-05, 08:08 PM
Yes, heat blows out the floor.

I assume I have a bad heater core, because the heater never worked when the fan was on high, it just blew cold air out.

But, with the fan on low, heat will work when on ECON, AUTO, DEFOG, or DEFROST. The heat radiates out slower when the fan is on low, vs. before cooled when its on high.

When you have the heat on, heat comes out on the floor.

thats how mine is. i thought something was wrong but the guy in parts at the dealership said that is how it is supposed to work. he seemed like he was in a hurry though.

Adam
03-11-05, 08:12 PM
mine comes out of the vent at the top and the floor on high or low. works real good too. man that car heats up in like 5 minutes and then i am rolling down the damn window to get some cool air in the car and its like 25 degrees outside. when i have my ECON on though (in the summer) it blows out like a, well you can see the air blowing out wich i dont think is good but i could be wrong.

Scandalous
03-11-05, 10:46 PM
on this topic, i just replaced my blower motor, but i still have no air moving, and it only blows out the floor. any ideas?

kmhebert
03-11-05, 11:14 PM
If it's all right with all you all, I would like to jump on this thread. My 1988 Brougham had a bypass switch installed, it kind of overrides the electronic climate control (it must have broke sometime before I bought it). It worked great for quite some time, until... it stopped working. Now, I get heat but without the blower (as I drive, the car heats up from passive heat coming through but the fan doesn't blow hot air into the car). Any ideas? I appreciate any advice immensely.

Scandalous
03-12-05, 02:36 AM
yeah, i have what ^ has, but without the override switch

lilblacksol
03-21-05, 08:13 AM
well mine has never blew out heat or ir in the floor........hell I didnt even know I had vents in the floor.... and my dash vents and my defrost flow at the same time all the time...no matter if the defrost on or not .... this is a problem in the summer time! a/c makes the windshield sweat/foggy on those summer nights