: True Spoke Wheels

Mark Woodley
03-11-05, 01:49 PM
Hi,

Does anyone ride on the original True Spoke rims? Are they better than standard rims with hubcaps?

Any maintenance or performance issues?

Is CAD$400 a fair price for a used set?

Are they any sizing considerations?

I want to take the rubber of the old rims and put them on the true spoke rims.

This is for a 1989 Cadillac Broughm (like a RWD Fleetwood).

Thanks.

Night Wolf
03-11-05, 04:01 PM
They are very rare... $400CDN is a very, very good price for an origanal set...

...are they factory wheels or aftermarket?

either way, they are better then hubcaps, and they should take a 235/75/15 tire just like the steel wheels.

I have aftermarket 15" spoked wheels on my '79, no problems here... they are holding up to the hot-rodding, power sliding and donuts I also do...

Big_Blue
03-11-05, 07:50 PM
DUDE!!!! I would jump on them without thinking for that price.

They are very rare in the northeast and they make the car look much better with Vogues on them.

Very easy to clean and ten times better then other knock off since they use bolts

BroughamOnChrome
03-16-05, 11:42 PM
Worth $400 without question. Those with vogues you will be tippin as they say in texas.

juiceE
03-17-05, 11:03 AM
vogues... forget vogues, get sum nice 3" whitewalls!!!

The Ape Man
03-17-05, 04:29 PM
Those rims are easily worth the price which you mentioned if they are in good condition. They look nice on the car. Drawbacks are goofy locks, you need to keep them dry during storage, someone might want to steal the rims or even your entire car and last but not least in my book: they are way too heavy. The more unsprung weight, the worse the ride, Factory lightweight alloy rims which are factory black are out there. The alloys and the lightweight later spoke hubcaps save a whole lot of weight over the chrome baskets. Just my opinion.

BIG BIRD
03-25-05, 11:48 PM
Speaking of wheels,does anybody know what the bolt pattern and offset is for my '73 Sedan DeVille? I've been looking online for a set of (slightly nicer than stock) rims,and don't know what dimensions to look for.
Any ideas??

fleetwood76
03-26-05, 06:13 PM
Hello.
I know the bolt pattern is: 5 bolts in a 5 inch circle (5x5"). but the offset i'm not sure of but i send cookers homepage were you probably could find more on this subjekt. the page is on some rims i would like to have on my fleetwood -76, but i dont know if this is the type of rims you are looking for.
http://www.coker.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=18012&cat=318&page=1

I hope this will work, i have never posted a link before.
/jolle