: Cadillac CTS 3.6L V6 263HP oul burninf!!! HELP!!! No warranty!

Mat1989rr
08-02-13, 10:46 AM
Hello,

What should I do?

My Cadillac CTS 2008 (68000 miles) burns oil. I'm using recommended oil Mobile 1 5w30.

I did consumption test. After 2500 miles there is no oil in my car (dipstick shows that oil is on the lowest level).

I do not have warranty.

Please help me!

Jagillac
08-08-13, 02:15 PM
From what iv read on here the 08 had that problem. Iv been told that the remedy for it was a good quality oil catch can. People on the forum seem to love the RX catch can.

BMWFUELPUMPFAILURE
09-02-13, 02:18 AM
The sump on these cars holds 6 quarts of oil. If you truly are seeing a reading on the dipstick (at the lowest point) after 2500 miles, then that means that you burned about a quart of oil in 2500 miles. The dipstick on these cars measures only the top quart of oil, not all 6. For example, if you see that there is oil halfway up the dipstick, then it means that you burned half a quart of oil (assuming the level was FULL after the most recent change).

1 quart in 2500 miles is not uncommon, and unless there are leaks, don't worry. Just top it off before it gets a full quart low.

Now if you truly are burning off all 6 quarts after 2500 miles, you have a serious problem that should be fixed.

dandunham
09-02-13, 01:42 PM
I agree what BMWFuelPumpfailure, thats allot of oil if it really burned all the oil in the crank case, but it you dump another quart in and its back up to full then you are only burning 1 quart for that many miles. that is within the accepted norm and I would not spend any money to "fix" that issue.
do you have any black smoke? any oil leaks? if not then I would just drive it but keep an eye on it for any other signs, strange noises...