: 06 Escalade water getting in door ...

Ikillrinst
08-02-13, 02:23 AM
I am having an issue that started about a year ago... every once in a while I would notice my drivers door speaker would not work, and also my drivers heated seat would go on and off on its own... It would move through the levels as if someone was pressing the buttons.. I would shut it off and immediately it would go right back on and start cycling through the modes again...

A few weeks ago I took the door panel off and noticed the paper cone on the Bose speaker was a little wet. So i took it in the house and used a hair dryer to dry it, stuck it back in the car and to my surprise it worked flawlessly.. So I covered the whole back of the speaker with a latex glove and figured that would stop it from getting wet..

I also took some tape and closed off the sides of the DDM as best I could figuring maybe moisture was causing the heated seat problem as well...

Well today it rained pretty bad.. I got in the truck and my heated seat was going nuts again.. But the speaker was working... a few hours later the speaker stopped working again also so i pulled the speaker grill and the cone was damp.... I have kept track and both problems occur only when it rains, other wise my heated seats are fine and my speaker is fine....

I have had the panel off multiple times and never found anything totally soaked, just damp...

Now I have also checked the plastic between the door and panel and it has no rips or tears and is completly intact... how is this water or condensation getting inside my door??? and causing my drivers heated seat to freak out and my speaker to get wet?? any and all help is greatly appreciated.. I am ready to just trade it in...

caddydaddy
08-02-13, 11:02 AM
Check the door seal along the bottom of the window.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-02-13, 12:31 PM
I am having an issue that started about a year ago... every once in a while I would notice my drivers door speaker would not work, and also my drivers heated seat would go on and off on its own... It would move through the levels as if someone was pressing the buttons.. I would shut it off and immediately it would go right back on and start cycling through the modes again...

A few weeks ago I took the door panel off and noticed the paper cone on the Bose speaker was a little wet. So i took it in the house and used a hair dryer to dry it, stuck it back in the car and to my surprise it worked flawlessly.. So I covered the whole back of the speaker with a latex glove and figured that would stop it from getting wet..

I also took some tape and closed off the sides of the DDM as best I could figuring maybe moisture was causing the heated seat problem as well...

Well today it rained pretty bad.. I got in the truck and my heated seat was going nuts again.. But the speaker was working... a few hours later the speaker stopped working again also so i pulled the speaker grill and the cone was damp.... I have kept track and both problems occur only when it rains, other wise my heated seats are fine and my speaker is fine....

I have had the panel off multiple times and never found anything totally soaked, just damp...

Now I have also checked the plastic between the door and panel and it has no rips or tears and is completly intact... how is this water or condensation getting inside my door??? and causing my drivers heated seat to freak out and my speaker to get wet?? any and all help is greatly appreciated.. I am ready to just trade it in...

Hello Ikillrinst,

I apologize for any trouble you are experiencing with water getting inside your vehicle during the rain and causing your heated seats and speaker to malfunction. Have you been able to speak with a technician about this yet? I understand how you want advice from the community on this forum, however if you are willing to bring your vehicle into the dealership for a diagnosis, I am more than happy to assist you. I can be contacted via private message to discuss your concern and explore our options for a resolution to this issue.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

6lbsofSound
08-02-13, 06:40 PM
As caddy daddy suggested check the seal. The only other thing to do is pull the panel off run the garden hose and see if can trace where it entering.

the cadillac man
08-02-13, 07:18 PM
I agree with the other posters find out where the leak is coming from as that can mess up your electronics and the factory amp if left as is