: Dadillac out

Dadillac
08-01-13, 11:32 PM
After being a Cadillac owner for the past 9 years it came to an end this evening. Traded the DTS for a Kia Optima. I know I know. But the Kia is an amazing car. Reason I did what I did was not being ablt to trust the Northstar engine any longer. I always thought that the head gasket issue wouldn't affect me. I felt this way because I maintained my vehicles better than the letter of the law. Yet I still lost a head gasket in my '02 Seville. Ever since that happened it is difficult to think that it won't happen with the DTS. Anyway I will check in from time to time to see what's going on. Thanks for all the help and I hope that I passed on some help along the way.

Don

Superjim
08-02-13, 12:57 AM
Sorry to hear you no longer have the DTS...
Good luck to you in the new Kia... :thumbsup:

Be sure to drop back in from time to time... you may be able to help someone else...

Tom's Caddy
08-02-13, 10:08 AM
Sorry to hear this, going to miss you, I wish you would have stayed with Cadillac. Have you seen the new paint color Black Diamond with silver specks,WOW. Dadillac your DTS had no signs of H/G failure did it? All the best.

Dadillac
08-02-13, 08:31 PM
No the DTS did not have signs of head gasket issues. But the Seville had no signs either. It happened all of a sudden. I was considering staying with Cadillac and getting an ATS. But the Kia was too good to pass up. Tons of luxury features, 274 hp four cylinder turbo engine, awesome fuel mileage, 6 speed auto trans, and very good reviews all around. Plus a very affordable price. I am confident that I made the right choice. Only time will tell if the later N* engines will suffer the same fate as the earlier ones. But for me I wasn't enjoying the Cadillac experience any longer after the HG issue.

Don

BlackRavenDTS
08-02-13, 08:52 PM
Sorry to hear about you giving up on the DTS :(.

But a KIA? K.I.A? I would have searched else where. lol

BIGDADDYCADDY07
08-03-13, 12:06 AM
boooooooooooo:tisk::tisk::tisk:

jazoo
08-04-13, 03:28 PM
Sorry to find out that you no longer have the luxurious DTS. Kia is an amazing car as I liked it when we were shopping around for a replacement vehicle for my daughter. It is spacious and it runs quite on the highway with good mileage. She ended up getting a Toyota.

I am assuming that your new acquisition is for your daily commuting and you still own a luxurious vehicle for long travels & weekends.

So, what's your ID going to be for the KIA Forum? Dadikia, of course:):)

Dadillac
08-04-13, 08:14 PM
So, what's your ID going to be for the KIA Forum? Dadikia, of course:):)

LOL. No I am Dadillac everywhere.

Don

BlackRavenDTS
08-05-13, 07:37 AM
LOL. No I am Dadillac everywhere.

Don

I'm proud :')