: Won't Start/theft System Wait 3mins.

CadillacRay
03-10-05, 11:41 PM
HELP, MY '92 ELDORADO WON'T START. DISPLAY SAYS," CRANK DISSABLED DUE TO THEFT SYSTEM, WAIT 3 MINUTES." WAITED THE 3 MINUTES AND NOTHING. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE? CALLED THE DEALER AND THEY SAID, " NOTHING YOU COULD DO, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO BRING IT IN," YAH RIGHT! THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING I CAN DO. 247365@COX.NET

mcowden
03-10-05, 11:46 PM
Since that's not a Northstar, suggest you post it in the Eldorado or Electrical forums for better answers, but the pellet in your key might be bad or the contacts dirty in the ignition switch and need cleaning. That's all I know about it.

Caddyloversincebirth
03-12-05, 05:01 PM
I remember some of the factory alarms (if it did truely get set off and this is not some type of electrical problem) you would have to close all the doors and lock and unlock the drivers side door with the door key... may want to try that...if not, it may be a problem with the security system itself being that it is 13+ years old...hope that helps..

Ranger
03-12-05, 06:37 PM
There is also a lot of info on bypassing it if you decide to go that route. Do an internet search for "GM Vats".

brougham
03-12-05, 10:34 PM
There are a lot of posts about this kind of problem here. Do a search for it and you should find something to help you.

carnut
03-18-05, 09:20 PM
The least expensive option is to have a GM dealership make a new key given the age of your key. If, in fact, you still have an issue with the wait 3 min. message, then you are faced with having the GM dealer diagnose to reason.

NAVIPLUS
03-23-05, 12:26 PM
your resistor on the key have failed you need a new key with proper resistor value, there is only 12 values available