: What interests you in a Cadillac?

Curious20
03-10-05, 09:06 PM
I am working on a marketing plan for Cadillac at my college. Our target market is the Baby Boomer generation. I am trying to get an idea of what that generation is looking for in a car and what would appeal to them. Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this or what made you decide to get a Cadillac if you own one...or what WOULD make you want to get a Cadillac if you do not own one yet.

ben72227
03-10-05, 10:25 PM
Well, to appeal the the baby boomers, you need a car that won't make them feel old:sneaky:, which is exactly what Cadillac has done so far. The CTS/SRX/STS are all sporty cars with lots of power but they are still luxury cars and they are american cars that are actually made well (Consumer Reports just made the CTS a "recommened" buy this year - one of the few American cars with that ranking)

it doesn't hurt to have led zepplin in your commercials either. In fact, id say that cadillac has done the best marketing of anyone in the last year. We went from the public thinking of Cadillacs as old people cars to people wanting one of those cool V-series 0-60 under five cars. In essence, Cadillac has completely reversed its market in less than a year. Not bad if you ask me...

Adumb
03-10-05, 10:41 PM
i think you nailed it ben. my dads a baby boomer and he has a 2001 durango. id say he wants something that like ben said wont make him feel old, and something with some luxury, but alos, and this could be because my dad is swedish, but something economical, gas, insurance, repairs. but he also wants/needs something utilitarian. so, cadillac hits some of those, and if you strech it, all of them. thats just my opinion of the baby boomers through my dads eyes.

Jesda
03-11-05, 12:59 AM
I just did a presentation on Cadillac for my marketing class. One thing to bear in mind is that boomers are worldly folks who like to express themselves, and unlike their parents they have active lifestyles well into retirement.

The Breakthrough campaign rocks, and changed Cadillac from a stodgy brand of the old establishment to a rebellious outsider.

Ralph
03-11-05, 01:15 AM
I am working on a marketing plan for Cadillac at my college. Our target market is the Baby Boomer generation. I am trying to get an idea of what that generation is looking for in a car and what would appeal to them. Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this or what made you decide to get a Cadillac if you own one...or what WOULD make you want to get a Cadillac if you do not own one yet.

Also consider that way back when, the Cadillac was "THE CAR" to have. There were no Lexus, no large BMW, Benz, etc. So name alone is somthing that baby boomers respect, also perhaps because their parents had one too.

Cadillac combines great tradition with modern technology and offers something for everybody. My Dad bought a new '03 DTS and imo and his, it's more sporty than anything. Hardly an "old mans car."

Adam
03-11-05, 09:38 PM
from what my grandmother told me, back in the 50's the Cadillac was the car to have so when she got older she saved up money and finally could afford one. she said that is probably why or atleast a part of why elderly and baby boomers drive Cadillacs cause back when they were younger those were the cars to have. and besides that name anyother company that had 260-275 horsepower fullsized vehicles in the mid to late 90s. Buick is just now coming out with a 190 horsepower vehicle and Chrysler and the like. Cadillac is way ahead of the game.

HITMONEY
03-11-05, 10:58 PM
What interests you in a Cadillac?

Heritage.

Scandalous
03-19-05, 03:45 AM
i am far from a boomer, but the reason i wanted a Cadillac so bad is because where i am from, having a Cadillac means you have come up right. it is kinda an unspoken rule that if u have a Caddy, even if it is a rusted out shitbox, then you are somebody. Mine just happens to be really nice. plus, its all about the street cred amongst the younger crowd. when you see a big long shiny Cadillac rollin down 7 Mile, sun makin those wire rims and grille BLING! then you will know what its all about.

Night Wolf
03-19-05, 07:02 PM
i am far from a boomer, but the reason i wanted a Cadillac so bad is because where i am from, having a Cadillac means you have come up right. it is kinda an unspoken rule that if u have a Caddy, even if it is a rusted out shitbox, then you are somebody. Mine just happens to be really nice. plus, its all about the street cred amongst the younger crowd. when you see a big long shiny Cadillac rollin down 7 Mile, sun makin those wire rims and grille BLING! then you will know what its all about.

tru dat dogg

err....

I love the style, features, comfort, heritage, brand name and such... many, many reasons though....

slk230mb
03-19-05, 09:30 PM
The history, style, tradition, heritage, and the fact that there has always been at least one in my family for the last 45 years or so.

90Brougham350
03-19-05, 11:18 PM
The most beautiful vehicles ever build were Cadillacs. I fell in love with Caddy the first time I saw a blue 91 Brougham. Something about thin tall chrome tailights, the crest and wreath, a big ol' hood ornament, fins, I guess it's the association with being the Standard of the World. Other cars handle better (BMW and MB), accelerate faster (BMW and MB again), might be better built (Lexus), but in my book, nothing, and I repeat, NOTHING looks as good as a freshly washed Caddy with clean white walls and polished chrome. It's the styling and body lines that draw me to Cadillac. That's why I drive a light antelope 90 Brougham. Most beautiful car ever, at least in my book! :thumbsup:

Brian

TomDeville
03-20-05, 02:41 PM
Prestige.

A Cadillac commands respect, for
both the esteemed driver and the
distinguished vehicle.

TomDeville :coolgleam

weister42
03-20-05, 09:06 PM
I'm 22 years old, does that count as baby boomers???

I have never really owned a car until I bought my first car, which happens to be a used 98 Cadillac Deville. Before this I drove a pos 89 Tarurs rustbucket(wow what a car that thing was) then a 94 VW Golf GL, I enjoyed the Golf a lot and I even had a super banging stereo in it until I wrecked it. Upon inspection the Golf only has enough collision protection to make sure my dead body doesn't fly outhttp://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif so I decided to get a safe car. I listen to hip hop a lot and as all u caddyowners know Cadillacs are PIMP and comfortable and safe and are praised everywhere. I picked up the phone and called a dealership an hour away and I jokingly asked if they have any used cadillacs for sale and they were like, ya we got one I'll give it to ya for 7 grandhttp://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/yup.gif . I called my parents, got them to help my initial payments and I went and drove it home.

I'm now the only person on my campus pushin a Cadillachttp://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/coolgleamA.gif

TomDeville
03-20-05, 10:05 PM
W42,

You're Pimpin' hard at 22 in a ride that fine;
Mom and Dad sound like cool 'Boomers".
You should be scoring with hot babes
on Campus on the basis of that car alone.
For the record, and I stand to be corrected,
'Boomers' constitute the post WW2 baby boom,
when returning Allied Soldiers who honoured
their nations and saved the freaking free world
(lest we forget) came home as heroes (as All
Veterans should, regardless of the particular fray);
and, thereafter, shacked up with their honies and
started making babies who are the "Boomers".
Demographically this a huge group made up of individuals
born between aprox. 1944 and 1966. Those born in
the 1960's are considered "back end" Baby Boomers.
Enjoy your Car!!! You're livin' large for a student.

90Brougham350
03-20-05, 11:07 PM
I'm now the only person on my campus pushin a Cadillachttp://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/coolgleamA.gif

Feels pretty good, know what you mean:yup:

Brian

weister42
03-22-05, 05:53 PM
This is my car:)nothing special here but it's a Caddyride:cool: It's not washed but weather says snow's coming, but ya I'm planning to put some 20s or 22s if they fit, in the summertime. Does anyone know 22s can fit and not rub anything?

Stoneage_Caddy
03-23-05, 02:20 PM
I'm now the only person on my campus pushin a Cadillac
We have a outstanding technical section here to help you with all your needs , no reason to be pushing your cadillac around ....but you must be pretty strong , i could only push mine about 75 feet when i lost the tranny ...

sorry , couldnt resist ..i know the feeling ...only 4 other devilles where i go to school , all owned by folks a shade older than me ....none as well cared for ...

TomDeville
03-24-05, 12:31 AM
Sir Stoney:
Well pushed. Hey! Four (4) Caddies
;and, only one (1) being given its proper
and befitting "Cadillac Respect!"
Any 'wannabe Caddy' 300C Mopar
rides at your institution of higher
learning?

W42 has a nice ride.

22's? :suspect:

Best Regards,

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-24-05, 03:55 PM
The reason i like Cadillac: Power, Heritage, The car everyone wanted (or atleast it was) Classy looks, the Cadillac style of luxury, very smooth ride, old school elegance, all the features standard that was optional on other GM cars, all the little features that only cadillacs have, their american built, and bruce springsteen sings songs about them.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-24-05, 04:06 PM
Sir Stoney:
Well pushed. Hey! Four (4) Caddies
;and, only one (1) being given its proper
and befitting "Cadillac Respect!"
Any 'wannabe Caddy' 300C Mopar
rides at your institution of higher
learning?

W42 has a nice ride.

22's? :suspect:

Best Regards,

yes One 300 , owned by a specatular looking female , she looked so famailir i had to ask her if she was a model ..she wasnt but i beatter shutup.... the 300 she drove has 20 something inch wheels on it and has the v6 not the hemi ....

other than that a lot full of corollas and the like ...and one VW Fox that has three wheels (modified by its owner)

sooper
03-24-05, 06:48 PM
I love the class, style, and luxury. It is a car with plenty of room for us taller folks.
Taking this baby on a long trip is a genuine pleasure. Never a shortage of power when needed. What can I say, it's a Cadillac!!

addison_ii
04-20-05, 03:18 AM
Heritage, northstar power, 1989-1993deville classic(some may say outdated)styling,1993-1996Fleetwood Big body(classic)style. Features, and the of course when you pull up to a crowd of people and get the Hey!Nice "Lac" response.

Jesda
04-20-05, 04:00 AM
To answer the original question...

I'm of the millenial generation (1980+) and like Cadillacs for bold styling, a commanding presence, and a powerful image. The reputation of the Northstar doesnt hurt either.