: Tranny trouble again.

Caddyloversincebirth
03-10-05, 07:25 PM
I just did the A/B solenoids on my 94 STS... and everything ran fine until today. the SES light came on and the current codes shown are
P076 Transmission Pressure Solenoid &
P086 Undefined Gear Ratio (Transmission Pressure Control).

Here's the deal, When I was replacing the Soleniods, the clasp on the large electrical connection broke off.:banghead: ..I though i secured it pretty good but maybe not. question is...what is connected within that harness? and is it possible that it came loose and that is what is causing the error that i am getting?

Thanks in advanced.

zonie77
03-10-05, 09:20 PM
I think everything electrical goes through that one connector. That means it acts like bad solenoids etc.

Twilightcall
03-11-05, 09:51 AM
Where is this connector located? I know there is a connector inside the pan that connects to the solenoids but where is the main connector. Can you access it outside the pan?

Caddyloversincebirth
03-12-05, 03:41 PM
this one that i'm looking at only has three wires in it. I took it apart today again and every thing is still connected and looks good...where is the pressure soleniod and what is it measuring the pressure of directly... i mean i know it is of the trans missin fluid, but at what point and purpose?...I ask because driving the car, it shifts ok and actually picks up speed faster than it did before...it just kinda slightly jerks into the lower gears... feels kinda like driving a stick shift...other than that the only thing that really worries me is the SES light on the dash...

Could changing the shift soleniods have increased the pressure output and caused the pressure solenoid to go bad as well?

Caddyloversincebirth
03-16-05, 01:39 PM
well, so far, so good...ever thing was in order when I TOOK IT APART AGAIN...but when i put it all back to gether... the SES light was out and the was shifting smooth again... I'm hopeing it was that I put to much fluid in there the first time or something stupid like that... but it's been holding on strong for the past few days no trouble no codes running good( fingers crossed..knock on wood)...