: Center consol arm rest part number?

69stangscj
08-01-13, 01:06 PM
I just got a 2005 CTS-V and the center arm rest is cracked on the bottom. Anyone have a part number for that?

rand49er
08-01-13, 05:24 PM
Whatever you do, DON'T get a CTS-V arm rest. Call Luke Butler at Lindsay Cadillac (tel no. at right of screen) and buy a regular CTS arm rest/console.

You can thank me (and about fifty other guys) later.

FoD
08-01-13, 05:32 PM
Randy...does the CTS console touch the base, or is it still "floating" like the V armrest? I know the CTS one comes with a storage compartment, but my new solid mounted DS makes my console rattle now (F*&^* annoying!), so I'm eventually going to break my current armrest by hitting it to alleviate the rattle. :bigroll:

69stangscj
08-01-13, 05:43 PM
Whatever you do, DON'T get a CTS-V arm rest. Call Luke Butler at Lindsay Cadillac (tel no. at right of screen) and buy a regular CTS arm rest/console.

You can thank me (and about fifty other guys) later. what is the diffrence? Do you have a picture?

eagle-co94
08-01-13, 06:34 PM
I can sell you the armrest off of my '05 V parts car for $50 shipped if you're interested. It's grey.

Andringa
08-01-13, 06:44 PM
You may be able to fix it cheap. Mine was cracked and rattling for a while and I finally took it apart to see what was going on the other day.

There are two screws that screw into the bottom plate. The screw holes both busted out of the base plastic. I went down to the hardware store and spent $0.84 on two bolts/washers/nuts and it's good as new. The only down side is that when it's open you can see the silver bolt head on the bottom part of the armrest. I was going to paint them or find black screws, but it hasn't bothered me enough to change it.

69stangscj
08-01-13, 07:09 PM
I need black, thanks!

Plus the ouside of mine is pretty cracked like someone sat on it or something.

rand49er
08-01-13, 09:52 PM
Randy...does the CTS console touch the base, or is it still "floating" like the V armrest? I know the CTS one comes with a storage compartment, but my new solid mounted DS makes my console rattle now (F*&^* annoying!), so I'm eventually going to break my current armrest by hitting it to alleviate the rattle. :bigroll:

what is the diffrence? Do you have a picture?Lots of guys complained back in the day that their CTS-V armrests were breaking with the least amount of elbow force. Somewhere along the way somebody found out that the CTS console/armrest worked. It not only worked, but was far better strengthwise and storagewise than the CTS-V armrest, and it did not interfere with shifting at all.

Couldn't find pics on photobucket (they're on my desktop in the other room, and I'm NOT going to get up out this comfortable chair unless you paypal me $100), but I'm telling you it's one of those mods that you can't believe you didn't do yesterday. Seriously. It's a complete no brainer.

Here's a thread from back then: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/111248-cts-center-console-sale.html

WakikiVee
08-02-13, 04:22 AM
Yup, listen to Randy...BEST interior mod I have done, well...aside from PISNUOFFs shifter. It still "floats" above the center compartment, but it also has it's own clamshell storage space and it's a lot taller so you can actually rest your elbow on it....

FoD
08-02-13, 09:54 AM
Yup, listen to Randy...BEST interior mod I have done, well...aside from PISNUOFFs shifter. It still "floats" above the center compartment, but it also has it's own clamshell storage space and it's a lot taller so you can actually rest your elbow on it....

Hmm...the current armrest is at the perfect height for my long monkey arms. Taller might be okay. Extra storage is always a plus...but if it floats as well, I need to figure out how to stop that infernal rattle!!!

AAIIIC
08-02-13, 04:53 PM
If it's not broken, there shouldn't be any infernal rattle. Mine doesn't make a peep.

76Y82
08-02-13, 06:30 PM
This should give you an idea of what it looks like.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/armrest/

FoD
08-03-13, 09:26 AM
If it's not broken, there shouldn't be any infernal rattle. Mine doesn't make a peep.

Do you have an aftermarket Driveshaft with billet couplers versus the soft, rubber flex disc? There are no visible signs of it being broken, and if I press down with my palm on the side of the hinge, the noise is suppressed.

Blown_Red_97z
08-03-13, 07:11 PM
How much is the cts center arm rest? Mine is kind of chewed up and was just going to get the stock unit off eBay or something. Is it like $100?

mberisha
08-04-13, 06:53 AM
Lots of guys complained back in the day that their CTS-V armrests were breaking with the least amount of elbow force. Somewhere along the way somebody found out that the CTS console/armrest worked. It not only worked, but was far better strengthwise and storagewise than the CTS-V armrest, and it did not interfere with shifting at all.

Couldn't find pics on photobucket (they're on my desktop in the other room, and I'm NOT going to get up out this comfortable chair unless you paypal me $100), but I'm telling you it's one of those mods that you can't believe you didn't do yesterday. Seriously. It's a complete no brainer.

Here's a thread from back then: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/111248-cts-center-console-sale.html

....hhahahaha....."paypal me $100".....now that is some funny stuff!

thebigjimsho
08-08-13, 01:03 AM
Get a CTS armrest from Luke and be done with it.

----------

Oh, and the CTS armrest doesn't float. The base should rest against the back of the storage tray...

FoD
08-12-13, 11:48 AM
Get a CTS armrest from Luke and be done with it.

----------

Oh, and the CTS armrest doesn't float. The base should rest against the back of the storage tray...

Thanks Jim! I'll be calling Luke soon.

Ryan K
09-09-13, 01:55 AM
Just picked up this one on ebay for $35:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261273974939?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

NCOGNITO
09-10-13, 08:20 PM
Looks like a good snag, I think I was watching that one and the initial listing was close to $70!