: Wheel options for an 2005 STS V8...

REALTORBENJAMIN
08-01-13, 10:43 AM
Hello guys and gals,

New here, 72 hours with my 2005 Cadillac STS V8 RWD. It's everything I've imagined, and more.

I bought the car with less than ideal wheels. Actually that may not be true to all, especially as I am trying to sell them :)

Looking for wheels, it seems our wheel pattern 5x115mm is not so common. The wheel patterns I am looking at at least do not come in that pattern.

Without suspension mods and adding spacers, what size can we go on these? I was thinking of doing a staggered setup as well. How has that worked for you?
http://www.1010tires.com/Wheels/Braelin/BR04/Painted/Black
http://www.1010tires.com/Wheels/Braelin/BR02/Painted/Gunmetal

The above wheels tickle my fancy... In a 20inch probably, mainly because 19's are hard to get tires and they're expensive. 20's I think would be the limit as to how big the wheels can go on these cars.

Thoughts?

Ludacrisvp
08-01-13, 11:05 AM
I like these ones best "Braelin BR02 (Gunmetal)" of your two choices.

You need 5x115 and I believe a high positive offset, my 08 AWD stock rims are +42mm I believe.

I think 1BadCadSTS could tell you the offset you would need.

In your staggered setup would you do 4 matching rims and just have odd tire sizes like the stagger in 08+
Or do a stagger like in the 05-07 model where the rims were different widths but the same diameter?
Or different rim size front and rear?

REALTORBENJAMIN
08-01-13, 03:27 PM
I like these ones best "Braelin BR02 (Gunmetal)" of your two choices.

You need 5x115 and I believe a high positive offset, my 08 AWD stock rims are +42mm I believe.

I think 1BadCadSTS could tell you the offset you would need.

In your staggered setup would you do 4 matching rims and just have odd tire sizes like the stagger in 08+
Or do a stagger like in the 05-07 model where the rims were different widths but the same diameter?
Or different rim size front and rear?

Yeah those were my first choice.

I don't understand the offset thing, I need to wikipedia that or something haha.

Staggered like wider wheel wheels out back, all same diameter. 20x8.5 front, maybe 20x9 or 20x10 out back?? Might be excessive. Just want that muscular stance look. Someone is selling STS-V wheels on craigslist here but the bolt pattern is different :(

Ideally, 19 inch wheels but like I stated earlier, the tires are more expensive and harder to come by.

REALTORBENJAMIN
08-14-13, 01:35 PM
BUMP...

I have decided on the wheels... the guy at the wheel shop says 20x8.5 is the way to go on all fours... 245s front 255s rear. I wanted to go 20x10 out back with a 275 tire but he says we risk the chance of rubbing, even on stock ride height.

Anyone running 20x10 out back on a stock STS?

ITSQUIK
08-14-13, 10:28 PM
I had a 22x11 in the rear with a 295/25/22 with No Rub before I went real crazy, but You can run a 20x10.5 in the rear with No Problems on that car. A number of us on the forum are running wide wheels in the back with No Issues.

REALTORBENJAMIN
08-15-13, 10:09 AM
I had a 22x11 in the rear with a 295/25/22 with No Rub before I went real crazy, but You can run a 20x10.5 in the rear with No Problems on that car. A number of us on the forum are running wide wheels in the back with No Issues.

Thank you sir. I think the total increase in cost to go with a 10 inch rear from a 8.5 is 60 bucks for tires, so that'll be worth it.

ITSQUIK
08-15-13, 10:37 AM
Thank you sir. I think the total increase in cost to go with a 10 inch rear from a 8.5 is 60 bucks for tires, so that'll be worth it.

Not a problem at all!!! Your welcome. IMO, if your gonna do a mod it should be Classy but Noticeable. You might as well keep stocks on if your not going to make a noticeable difference. Wheels cost too much to put em on then decide you don't like them a month later & replace again.