: New 2005 CTS-V Owner

alpicone
08-01-13, 10:31 AM
Just picked up a 2005 CTS-V yesterday. Car is black with 35k miles on it. Car is all stock and in pretty good condition. There are a couple of things in the interior that need to be addressed (broken trim piece, NAV FW update, partially hazy NAV screen, worn radio and sunroof knobs, auxiliary power socket) but overall the car is nice and drives well.

Looking forward to being a part of the V family and happy that there is such an informative forum that exists.

seeyouinajif
08-01-13, 05:52 PM
Congrats, I've had my 05 for a few months now and I love it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

mackey
08-01-13, 05:59 PM
congrats.

first thing i'd do is get a CAGS delete ($20) and get a short throw like PISNUOFF's then bushings (revshift) to tighten everything up.

rand49er
08-01-13, 08:22 PM
... Looking forward to being a part of the V family ...Not these guys. You must be thinking of another forum.

(Nice car!)

alpicone
08-06-13, 05:09 PM
Fixed the power outlets and the NAV FW update disc is on it's way... But it looks like I may need to change my motor mounts. It shakes at shutdown but other than that doesn't really give me any issue. Is it a bad idea to push off replacing them for now?

Also the haze on my NAV seems to be the anti-glare coating issue. I was reading a few older threads about how to get rid of it and then add a screen protector... but I am still not sure what is the right way to go to avoid making the screen look worse. Any suggestions?

69stangscj
08-06-13, 10:05 PM
NAV FW update disc
What is this about, is it a disk you put in one time to update or is it just an updated NAV disk?

Scott2012
08-06-13, 10:06 PM
I'd do the rev shift motor mounts and rev shift trans insert right away- it'll really help make the car feel right.
As for the nav unit... Ditch it and go aftermarket- I'm really happy I did.

69stangscj
08-06-13, 10:11 PM
As for the nav unit... Ditch it and go aftermarket- I'm really happy I did.
Don't you loose the outside temp, trip, mileage and so on?

mackey
08-06-13, 11:10 PM
there's 2 options

1. get a non-V CTS head unit and do the "stacker" mod (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/aftermarketradiodic/index.html) to accept an aftermarket unit while retaining DIC. requires the CTS unit to be reprogrammed.
2. get an android head unit and use torque. there's a few chinese ones on ebay that run android approx 300-400 depending. the other option is the parrot asteroid smart for roughly 2x the price. i believe pioneer and alpine also have android head units but they're well over 1k

there's more pro's than cons with the CTS stacker mod IMO but will be more expensive as you're buying 2 head units.

Scott2012
08-07-13, 11:55 PM
If you do a search you'll find a number of ways to ditch the factory stuff. You are right, you loose some of those features (DIC). I was really concerned about that at first... When I finally got so tired if all the drawbacks of the stock system, I gutted it. I haven't looked back since and don't miss the features lost.

Becker
08-08-13, 12:06 AM
congrats on the new ride!! I picked up an 06 with 73k two months ago and I am enjoying it :) they are money pits if you are into cars...ever other car I have owned I just drive but anything with a LS motor i seem to want to do modifications to it, appearance and performance...I love doing it though :)

Hope your enjoying her!! I put my G-METER into a 1.0+ within the first wek haha...now its at .98 l and .94 r