: Buying 2010 DTS ?

buckaroo
08-01-13, 10:09 AM
Buying a 2010 DTS,43,000 mi. Have a 2006 and know of some of the problems such as the head lights flickering at times. Any on going problems I should be aware of with the 2010 ? Thanks, retired Fire Fighter from BALTIMORE.

hazcaddy
08-01-13, 11:18 AM
I have a 2010 DTS Lux III, 38,000 miles, zero problems in two years other than one blown headlight (warranty work) and needed a new battery in mid-2012 (warranty work). The only issue I have that is common to these cars is that when you are stopped over a traffic light induction loop in the asphalt, your front parking sensors will often flash. There is a Service Bulletin to stop the accompanying dinging, but the lights on the dash wil still blink a few times when you are stopped over the loop.

Retired 67-yr old firefighter from TORONTO.

Superjim
08-01-13, 11:22 AM
I have a 2010 DTS Lux III, 38,000 miles, zero problems in two years other than one blown headlight (warranty work) and needed a new battery in mid-2012 (warranty work).
The only issue I have that is common to these cars is that when you are stopped over a traffic light induction loop in the asphalt, your front parking sensors will often flash.
There is a Service Bulletin to stop the accompanying dinging, but the lights on the dash wil still blink a few times when you are stopped over the loop.

Interesting... mine has never did that.. maybe that's just on the newer models...I don't know...

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-01-13, 12:35 PM
I have a 2010 DTS Lux III, 38,000 miles, zero problems in two years other than one blown headlight (warranty work) and needed a new battery in mid-2012 (warranty work). The only issue I have that is common to these cars is that when you are stopped over a traffic light induction loop in the asphalt, your front parking sensors will often flash. There is a Service Bulletin to stop the accompanying dinging, but the lights on the dash wil still blink a few times when you are stopped over the loop.

Hello hazcaddy,

Thanks for posting this and providing your experience. I hope you are enjoying your DTS still! I apologize for any inconvenience of your parking sensors flashing. If there are current concerns you would like to discuss, I am more than happy to interact with you. I can also help answer any questions you may have. I can be contacted via private messages!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

stormnn
08-01-13, 05:12 PM
Check that the sensors are mounted proud in the fascia. I had one that was pushed back slightly & caused the lights & dinger to go off when stopped at an intersection. I was able to get down in from behind with a very long screwdriver & push it back out. Has been o.k. since.
Norm

hazcaddy
08-01-13, 05:42 PM
Sensors are all fine, but thanks for the suggestion. This is a known problem, which is why there is a Service Bulletin about it. There are certain intersections where, when I'm first in the left turn lane at the light, I know the parking sensor lights will flash - I guess the loop's wire is a little closer to the road surface than at some other spots.

Now that the dinging has stopped after the fix, I've learned to live with it and hardly notice it any more.

But getting back to the OP's question, I really don't know of any major issues with the later-model DTS (2009 and up) that affects a whole whack of owners.