: So my parts car has a factory sunroof...but my V doesn't...

eagle-co94
08-01-13, 02:25 AM
Has anyone ever swapped a sunroof into their car? I'm considering this since the car will be crushed anyways so it'd be a shame for it to go to waste.

KaMaSuTrA
08-02-13, 11:58 AM
Majority of the CTS-V's out there come with the sun roof and models without it are considered "rare".

You're better off leaving it as-is. The sun roofs on these cars are sometimes prone to issues like opening randomly or leaking. Might be able to sell the parts off of it if anything.

eagle-co94
08-02-13, 12:15 PM
Good to know. I'll leave mine as is then. One less project to take on.

Andringa
08-03-13, 10:53 AM
Plus you have more headroom for your helmet when you eventually track your V. :)

eagle-co94
08-03-13, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure if I'll get to that point honestly. This will be the "sane" daily driver. My wife's DD will be the SRT8 Challenger and I'm also working on my VTec powered Classic Mini projects. 200hp in a 1600lb car? Yeah, that will see the track. My '96 SS will see the track as well with the 396 stroker, T56 and 4.56 gears. :bouncy:

AAIIIC
08-04-13, 09:09 PM
You're better off leaving it as-is. The sun roofs on these cars are sometimes prone to issues like opening randomly or leaking. Might be able to sell the parts off of it if anything.
I don't think I would say they are prone to those problems. Yes, those issues are possible, but that's true of any vehicle with a sunroof. I think for the vast majority of us the sunroof is trouble-free.

With that said, I would agree with your advice to not go through the trouble of doing the swap.

nikdsctsv
08-04-13, 09:47 PM
Not to mention the weight loss of not having in. Headroom and less fat, you luck son of a ......!