: 2010 Escalade and compatability with Samsung Galaxy S4

unijenn
07-31-13, 09:11 PM
I Just purchased a 2010 escalade and when I plug my phone into the USB port to play music it reads as an unrecognized device. I have searched the entire vehicle and cannot find AUX input either, does anyone have a solution to this problem...is there some sort of adapter I can purchase to use in the USB port to make my phone work???

Thanks in advance!! Jenny

cane87
08-01-13, 01:11 AM
same problem here!! anyone???? its reads my brothers iphone fine and also ipods

----------

i tried to conect my samsungs s4 into my ipod intergration and it doesnt even read my phone as being attacted..

reads my brothers iphone great

does it take a 30 pin connector?

roccos_van
08-01-13, 03:00 AM
Android dropped mass storage mode when they moved from gingerbread to ice cream sandwich. All newer devices use MTP (media transfer protocol) and won't work on the escalade. MTP is cutting edge but a real pain in the ass because most usb devices don't support it yet. You are probably sol sorry.

mycaddi408
08-01-13, 03:28 AM
just get bluetooth device to stream music & make calls, like blue fusion

cane87
08-01-13, 11:04 AM
well i got an ipod .. so its not the end of the word...but there is nothing i can do to make an samsung s4 transfer music threw a usb on ipod intergration?? gotta be something

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-01-13, 01:10 PM
I Just purchased a 2010 escalade and when I plug my phone into the USB port to play music it reads as an unrecognized device. I have searched the entire vehicle and cannot find AUX input either, does anyone have a solution to this problem...is there some sort of adapter I can purchase to use in the USB port to make my phone work???

Thanks in advance!! Jenny

Hello Jenny,

I apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with plugging your phone into the port to play music. I recommend calling the customer support group who could assist with this. Their phone number is 855-478-7767. Let me know if you do get in contact with them. I can also be contacted via private message to further discuss any concerns or questions.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

mycaddi408
08-01-13, 04:19 PM
well i got an ipod .. so its not the end of the word...but there is nothing i can do to make an samsung s4 transfer music threw a usb on ipod intergration?? gotta be something

You didn't read... Here is the link. I'm buying one soon

http://youtu.be/LzOk3MtZEtc