: IntelliBeam Built in

Bejaip
07-31-13, 01:04 PM
Is intellibeam built in to every model or just certain ones. I have a luxury model of the XTS and was wondering is the feature a standard one?

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-31-13, 07:07 PM
Is intellibeam built in to every model or just certain ones. I have a luxury model of the XTS and was wondering is the feature a standard one?

Hello,

If you private message us your VIN, we can look to see if your vehicle has the intellibeam system.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

RockvilleXTS
07-31-13, 07:49 PM
Intellibeam is unavailable for 2013 XTS models (contrary to what the manual seems to indicate). It will be included in 2014 models. There is a software update that enables Intellibeam for 2013 from a private vendor (www.whiteautoandmedia.com), but it only works on cars without the Driver Assist package. There is one forum member who has had the module programmed to enable Intellibeam, and indicates he is happy with it. Search the forums for more info.

Bejaip
08-01-13, 09:03 AM
Is this a free upgrade.

RicktheRealtor
08-01-13, 01:40 PM
Is this a free upgrade.This is not an upgrade. The car does not have the hardware built in. There is NO intellibeam on 2013 XTS's.

ddawson
08-01-13, 03:15 PM
Period. The end. Bye.
This is not an upgrade. The car does not have the hardware built in. There is NO intellibeam on 2013 XTS's.

kipsts
08-01-13, 05:42 PM
Period. The end. Bye. Ah come on ddawson. Of course there is- its just called THE DRIVER, you know, the one who pays attention to the oncoming traffic and conditions and responds accordingly by turning off his/her brights or turning them on... :cool2:

RockvilleXTS
08-01-13, 07:32 PM
That is factually incorrect. The hardware is there. GM did not include it in the 2013 for some reason. There is a vendor who will reprogram the module and has done so for one forum member. It will NOT, however, work for those with Drive Assist (of whom I am one). Here's the discussion: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-xts-forum/287891-short-video-my-intellibeam-auto-high.html

cadillacricket
08-13-13, 11:46 PM
Hello,

If you private message us your VIN, we can look to see if your vehicle has the intellibeam system.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

HAHAHA, no you can't! lol

Sorry, but that was ironic... And if you wanted to help, Lil GM Forum Helper person, why don't you simply post a link to the optional and standard features on each model and consider the actual question, which requires no VIS to answer.

(as Intellibeam is, in fact, built into the premium and platinum 2013s but is disabled for some reason) You could still offer the VIS, but what's the point?